OP2 home button issue

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was able to order my OP2 and I feel the phone is awesome. I can deal with everything but the home button.

I watched a quick review on YouTube stating the home button has a grounding issue. If your hand touches the sides of the phone (metal) then the home button does not respond very well.

I know I can switch to on screen buttons. But I don't want those. I'm hoping an OTA update will be able to fix this. (not sure how)

The finger scanner does work really well though. As long as you set it up correctly.

pampurio97

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if everyone is having this issue.
Anyway, let's hope they'll fix this with an OTA firmware update, or if the problem is an hardware problem, that they'll replace faulty devices...

pampurio97

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
They actually released a software update today: OxygenOS 2.0.2 OTA.

This is the official changelog:

• Improvements to fingerprint recognition accuracy
  • Resolves a bug that could cause volume to be muted unexpectedly
  • Stability improvements to the front facing camera
  • Camera preview UX improvements

And a note:

A 2.1 update with more significant improvements is on its way and currently scheduled for mid-September.

The detailed post is on the OnePlus forums.

pampurio97

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I've updated but I didn't notice any improvements. A post on the OnePlus forums suggests to completely disable gestures, and that helps a bit, but it's still not fixed. Let's hope it's a software issue!

AkkiCool

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I believe it to be an issue with the stock launcher, did you try any other launcher? I installed google now and its better