The little things

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
So, just received my OP2 today. Maybe some of you can help me. How do I look at the pics that I have already taken besides swiping in from the right while the camera app is open? Also, I didn't see a way to delete test pics I took except for going in to the files app. I don't have a gallery icon or anything except Google photos app that I need to set up. Also, is there any way (in the stock launcher) to make the icons smaller? They seem a bit big. My last (for now) is when I sent a text with the stock messaging app, the reply came back in its own thread, not part of the original message. Anyone know why? Thanks.

It's a solidly built phone. Like the feel so far. Like the fingerprint scanner. It's seamless and quick.

Posted via the Android Central App

lostlogik

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
The lack of a gallery app is well talked about on the one plus forums. The app used on the OP1 was from cyanogen. Now that the OP2 uses oxygen, it comes with the default Google photos. It is possible to view your pics there and also delete them. The alternative is download a gallery app from the store.

The texting issue was also documented and I think got fixed in the latest update but you will be stuck with that orphaned text, so just delete it.

As for the launcher icons issue, not without rooting, as it's to do with the scaling. You could always try a different launcher if you don't like the look though.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to decide if this phone is worth the jump from big red to AT&T. I love the fingerprint scanner and feel of the device.

lostlogik

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I like it, having upgraded from the OP1 though I use a different launcher (Microsoft Arrow). Haven't come across any issues yet.

Jforssblad

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I use the launcher called Nova and it gives me possibilities to change everything.
I got the same sms problem but I have always used "textra" instead and I don't have that problem there.
I came from a nexus 5 so I learned to use Google stock photo app that I really like due to the automatic backup.
Otherwise I would go for QuickPic.

Skickat från min OnePlus 2.

Last edited:

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So, just received my OP2 today. Maybe some of you can help me. How do I look at the pics that I have already taken besides swiping in from the right while the camera app is open? Also, I didn't see a way to delete test pics I took except for going in to the files app. I don't have a gallery icon or anything except Google photos app that I need to set up. Also, is there any way (in the stock launcher) to make the icons smaller? They seem a bit big. My last (for now) is when I sent a text with the stock messaging app, the reply came back in its own thread, not part of the original message. Anyone know why? Thanks.

It's a solidly built phone. Like the feel so far. Like the fingerprint scanner. It's seamless and quick.

You can download the OPO Gallery app here

Also, you might want to check out Piktures.

Javrri

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

I second the nova launcher. Really good! I just started using an app called Quickpic for my photos. Dont know if it is any good yet..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21