To buy or not - OnePlus 2

gilgamess3

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi friends; do you think it worth's to buy this phone? Battery autonomy, camera? Please tell me. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jino y

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, But if you have more than 400$+ save a little more get a NEXUS or premium phone from Samsung.
WHY? Phone quality difference.

source: hype plus one owner

gilgamess3

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
:) what do you mean by phone quality? I am interested in trying something different...not big Manufacturers
Please tell me thanks again

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought one, so obviously I think it's worth it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "battery autonomy" but battery life is excellent for me. I don't use the camera a lot but it seems good...

I don't think the person above has used the phone, as build quality is top notch. Up there with the "premium" manufacturers, and exceeding a lot of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

AndyH42

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I think they mean battery as in battery life, autonomy as in not many people have one. I've got one and its excellent, so many people on here have a problem with oneplus mainly because of the invite system, but there devices are good. My only problem is fingerprint sensor works about 70% of the time, but a friend with a Samsung S6 edge has the same problem.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got a problem with OnePlus, they're a ridiculous company. But they do make a good device.

My fingerprint scanner is bang on, but it's got a lot to do with how you set it up. Did you move your thumb around so it can take the whole print?

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got a OnePlus two and an LG g4. I use the OnePlus. They make great devices. Its smooth and fluid, camera is really good, and the battery lasts me all day.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,i have a G4 but i am really interested in the OP2, the G4 stutters most of the time in all apps, and the missed taps drive me crazy, had the M8 before and it was way smoother than the G4, i want to know if the grounding issue has been solved and if the feel in hand is bigger than the G4, thx

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,i have a G4 but i am really interested in the OP2, the G4 stutters most of the time in all apps, and the missed taps drive me crazy, had the M8 before and it was way smoother than the G4, i want to know if the grounding issue has been solved and if the feel in hand is bigger than the G4, thx
My home button/finger scanner works almost perfectly, maybe 95% of the time. When it doesn't it's because my hands are dirty or sweaty. As for size, you won't notice the difference after about an hour. Weight is very close. Just miss those back buttons.

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
buy it for sure hands down. Yes the customer service isn't the greatest but at the price/performance u get from the phone can't be beat.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still interested in this phone, but I can't find a whole lot of information on it after early fall.

Anyone that have one still recommend it?

Any major issues to look out for if I purchased one now?

Thanks!

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm still interested in this phone, but I can't find a whole lot of information on it after early fall.

Anyone that have one still recommend it?

Any major issues to look out for if I purchased one now?

Thanks!
I'm very happy with mine. No issues. Finger print scanner works great, it has a pretty good camera, battery life is on par with others, real smooth running, speaker is decent. My G4 sits on a shelf collecting dust since I bought the OP2. It's a very nice device.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with mine. No issues. Finger print scanner works great, it has a pretty good camera, battery life is on par with others, real smooth running, speaker is decent. My G4 sits on a shelf collecting dust since I bought the OP2. It's a very nice device.

Thanks! The price is what is getting me. It looks like it would cover all of my bases and save me a ton of money (currently using a 6s Plus). But it also doesn't seem like much has been said about it since it was released.

What carrier are you using it on?

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Bell Canada. I don't know about the 6s or 6s plus, but it beats my wife's iPhone 6 camera and battery by a long shot. It's a nice sized phone, and the screen is very good.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got no issues with mine... And OnePlus seem to be keeping it up to date security wise.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Monthly. Still on 5.1.1 but the security patch level is December 2015 and they tend to fix bugs and add features to oxygen OS. Apparently it's getting the marshmallow update within the next couple of months.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Monthly. Still on 5.1.1 but the security patch level is December 2015 and they tend to fix bugs and add features to oxygen OS. Apparently it's getting the marshmallow update within the next couple of months.

I don't mind not being on Lollipop - the security updates are more important to me. I use my phone for work emails, appointments, case notes, etc. I don't use NFC so that doesn't bother me that it isn't there. The camera seems good enough for me. Any lag or anything else that's noticeable or annoying?

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind not being on Lollipop - the security updates are more important to me. I use my phone for work emails, appointments, case notes, etc. I don't use NFC so that doesn't bother me that it isn't there. The camera seems good enough for me. Any lag or anything else that's noticeable or annoying?
I don't notice lag at all, but I'm not the type of person to complain that it take 5 milliseconds to open an app. I only have one game on my phone and its not very processor intense. That being said I've had it for a few months, and the only time I've reset the phone was after an update.