Is this phone worth buying now?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a new phone around $300, and the OnePlus 2 is on my list. All the reviews I find are from 2015, was hoping for a newer perspective. Have the software bugs been worked out? Reason to believe the phone will be supported going forward? Generally, would you recommend buying this for $275 in October 2016? Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No under any circumstance. At $300, the best device out there is probably the Moto G4 or pick up a Nexus 5X for $260.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Thought about the OnePlus 3--probably the best value of any phone out right now. But I'd prefer not to spend more than $300. Been considering the Nexus 5X as well, but you can only get it used for $260, and I'm a bit skeptical of that. Should have pulled the trigger when I found it new with 3 year warranty (!) for $324 from Newegg. Oh well.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the link Aquila! Hopefully the deal goes live soon. I know about Fi, but I don't want to switch to it at the moment. If I did, 5X would be a no-brainer.

Edit:

Ahh, there's the catch in the link: a lot of people report actually receiving the H791 international version, not the H790 US. That's been true of a lot of 3rd party sellers I've seen online.

Skaughtto

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I bought a OnePlus 2 today for $275 shipped, "fulfilled by Amazon." After reading and watching a lot of reviews, it looks like the best deal for a dual sim phone that is fully compatible with T-Mobile's network. The Blu Vivo 5R was also on my radar, but the lack of software updates made me spend the $76 extra for the old OnePlus.

The dual sim feature was the limiting factor in selecting a phone. I like having one line for home and one line for work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non