It's here !!! Pics inside

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The camera on the one plus 3 is NOT as good as any of the phones you listed.

From experience or bias?

I've seen/heard a few sources claim the only current gen cameras that are better are the S7 and iPhone.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

vakitaki

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
How good are the dac and the speakers. I dont see reviewers speaking about, thats important for me. I am thinking on changeing my m7 and op3 looks nice

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
How good are the dac and the speakers. I dont see reviewers speaking about, thats important for me. I am thinking on changeing my m7 and op3 looks nice

I don't use headphones much, but I don't think there is anything special added in there. The speaker is one of the better single bottom facing speakers, but not as great as an m7, m8, or Nexus 6p. (Those I have owned)

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've seen/heard a few sources claim the only current gen cameras that are better are the S7 and iPhone.

That was said in this thread too, but it was very confusing because the iPhone isn't one of the top 5 cameras in phones, only the 6s Plus makes the top 10, the others (6s, 6 Plus and 6) are all in a huge tie for 15th place. So depending on which iPhone, saying the iPhone is better, means that the OP3 is potentially somewhere in the top 20, but saying that it is better than, for example, the HTC 10 would mean that the OP3 is the best camera out there. In this thread it was said that it was better than the Nexus 6P camera but worse than the iPhone. That's a contradiction because the best iPhone (6s Plus) is equal to the Nexus 6P, while all the other iPhones are worse. The full review from anand should be up this week, which should shed some light on exactly where the OP3 stands.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Just for you I listened to a few tracks from 'til it kills by tilt (you've probably never heard of them... lol) speaker performance is above average quality, average volume IMO good and fairly loud. I doubt it'll hit HTC quality, but I haven't used a HTC phone in several years so can't compare.

The earphone performance is quite good to my ear (using my old *** Sennheiser cx300s) but a little heavy on the bass maybe, probably tuned for EDM/hip hop than punk/metal. But yeah, very listenable from the few minutes I listened lol.

Although it's personal taste I also love that they put the 3.5mm jack in the bottom right! Perfect!

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what makes the headphone jack on the bottom better than on the top?

I prefer to put my phone in my pocket top first so it's the right way up when I pull it out(phrasing). Also if you're using it while listening the cable doesn't get in the way as much.

Is there an advantage to it being at the top in your opinion?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to put my phone in my pocket top first so it's the right way up when I pull it out(phrasing). Also if you're using it while listening the cable doesn't get in the way as much.

Is there an advantage to it being at the top in your opinion?

The only reason I like the top is if I'm putting the phone in a cup holder - but I don't drive cars that often except in winter, so when there's no snow on the ground I don't have a preference where it is because the phone lays sideways in the leather thing on my bike windshield thing. My 6P has it on the top and my 5X has it on the bottom. Before that I'm not sure I could tell you where it was accurately on my previous phones.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what makes the headphone jack on the bottom better than on the top?

I like it on the bottom for two main reasons, like mentioned above, I put my phone in my pocket top down, so that puts the cable facing straight up. And for two, the cable is more out of the way when you're watching something or just browsing when using the headphone jack.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The OnePlus 3 Review

So it's "scores" actually went down pretty significantly with the findings in this review BUT, other than the display (which really tanked it), it's better than the OP2 in just about every way.

Camera was a weird category. It wasn't doing well with saturation accuracy but was taking much sharper low light photos than the Nexus 5X. It was beating the iPhones out on just about everything, which makes it a top 10 camera, very likely in the Nexus 6P or possibly even LG G5 range.

Overall, very good phone at a low price = good value, and it's right about dead on par with the Moto X Style, which is the same pricepoint, so very appropriate.

All of that said, the USER hands on feedback of this device has been very positive, so it's quite possible that OnePlus finally put out a total device experience that's better than the sum of it's components.

filly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What's the 2gb ram situation looking like? i know its supposed to have 6 but i saw some rumblings about software limiting to 2GB do you notice?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
What's the 2gb ram situation looking like? i know its supposed to have 6 but i saw some rumblings about software limiting to 2GB do you notice?

Well in my experience, I don't run temple run, asphalt 8, YouTube, play music, emails, Facebook, etc, at the same damn time. The phone has kept plenty of important apps in memory throughout my daily activities. If not, it's really quick to open anything and hardly ever hangs up.

The 6gb of ram is a gimmick. That's the one gimmick feature of the phone. Most people probably don't even have enough things they do on their phone to utilize a full 6gb. To me, it feels like they needed SOMETHING to stand out. And that was it. Carl pei already came out and said they set a certain limit on apps to balance performance and battery life. Who knows if they'll find a way to utilize it all and update it, but that's what it is right now and it's possible to change. In daily usage, solid for me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's a gimmick and there is already a quick easy fix to use all the ram if you wish. For most people yes you don't need all that ram. I don't need it either. But it is nice to have. Gimmicks are something like 3d touch. Ram is not in my eyes.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's a gimmick and there is already a quick easy fix to use all the ram if you wish. For most people yes you don't need all that ram. I don't need it either. But it is nice to have. Gimmicks are something like 3d touch. Ram is not in my eyes.

I get you, it is a regular aspect of any phone, just super sized. Lol but without it being utilized from factory, then the whole sum of it becomes useless...yes there are ways to change this, but not everyone is gonna just go modifying their build.prop.

I agree, ram itself isn't a gimmick, but when there's 6 and you can only use 3, if even that, what's the other 3?

But again, this is hardly an issue in my eyes, unless you're purposely exposing the fault here.