04-14-2017 02:41 PM
75 123
tools
    I'm using this now too - it's brilliant, would highly recommend.
    niijonodhg likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:10 AM
    I tried a couple of tempered glasses for Oneplus 3 but they never convered the entire screen as specified by other users. Satisfied with the last one,

PLESON® GA-PLS-BLM-ONEPLUS3 [Full Coverage] OnePlus 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Edge to Edge] [Case Friendly] HD Oleophobic/9H/Bubble Free, Glass Screen Protector for OnePlus 3 - Black

PLESON® GA-PLS-BLM-ONEPLUS3 OnePlus 3 Tempered Glass: Amazon.in: Electronics
    08-16-2016 01:25 PM
    I've tried a few tempered glass protectors for the OnePlus 3 and haven't found anything that I really liked.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure the Orzly and the Pleson are the same thing.

They come in very similar packaging, have the same cutouts, both only adhere at the top and bottom and both have that grid of dots that's visible in the sunlight.

So I'll just say they're the same product and toss in my two cents on them at once.

The cutouts are perfect. They're exactly where they need to be. The screen, obviously, doesn't go edge to edge but it does go as close as it can realistically get. It's nice and clear glass although in the sun there is the aforementioned grid of dots. It's not bad but it's noticeable. I do get a bit of rainbow effect on the center but again, it's not bad at all.

My biggest gripe is that it only adheres top and bottom and not to the whole screen. That means dust, moisture and other stuff can get in between the glass and the protector.

I started with the Orzly. The first one came and had a little chip in the corner. That kept growing and the top layer of the glass would just flake off. Orzly sent me a free replacement no hassle. At some point I must have dropped the phone in it's case (the OEM Sandstone case it came with) and put a little nick in the edge of the glass. This quickly spread to a full crack across the glass. A second chip did the same thing although I honestly do not remember dropping or banging the phone at all. (I won't say I didn't but I don't remember anything.) That said, the $9 screen protector broke but the actual screen on the phone wasn't damaged at all. So it did it's job.

I just got the Pleson a few days ago and was disappointed to find that it too only sticks top and bottom. We'll see how it goes.

For now, I'd give the Orzly a 3 out of 5 stars and I will tentatively give the Pleson a 3.
    09-02-2016 11:55 AM
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tested the Curved 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector from OnePlus ?
    I don't want to buy the other tempered option, because of the edges ...

i'm a bit worried about :
    Disclaimer: To ensure the curved screen protector offers optimal protection while maintaining the sleek look of the OnePlus 3, the colored border extends over the edges of the display by approximately 0.9 mm.
    09-12-2016 06:09 AM
    There are some reviews of it on YouTube - and it does show how much of the sides the official curved TGSP cuts off. It was more than I was comfortable with, even though I'd love a full adhesion TGSP. The Pleson TGSP for the OP3 gets good reviews, and I have the Orzly slated to arrive today. My phone is slated to arrive tomorrow. The big issue some have with the Orzly is the "dot matrix" appearance in bright light - but that's what prevents those weird oil slick looking blobs, by keeping the protector off the screen. The Pleson doesn't have it, but with pressure, you may see that 'slick' below your touches.

So far, there does not appear to be any TGSP other than the official curved with full adhesion ... which sucks. But given time, I'm sure that will change. Or, at least, I hope it does.
    09-12-2016 08:47 AM
    Took my frustration out on the Nillkin CP+ after I removed it. Couldn't get over the touch issues I was having:

Henaway likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:08 PM
    I have the Pleson on my phone and it does have the dot matrix.

As I said above, I'm pretty sure the Orzly and the Pleson are the same product just packaged slightly differently. I've used both at this point.
    09-27-2016 08:45 AM
    I've been using glass screen protectors on my phones for the past few years without any problems. When I got my OP3 in July, I got a Pleson and applied as instructed. Within a couple of months, I could see specks of something under the glass, down by the fingerprint scanner. I then ordered a Orzly on October 1st and applied as instructed. Yesterday, I found a speck of something once again near the fingerprint scanner. Very disappointed in this, but perhaps this is common.

I've decided to switch to a regular screen protector, and I've ordered an IQ Shield LiquidSkin. I've used this "wet" application type of screen protector on my Kindle Voyager and My Samsung tablet, and have had no problems. It should arrive Sunday.

I really would have like to stay with the glass type screen protector, but I think the fact that it only adheres at the top and bottom is causing the problem (which I didn't have on my S5). I can't live with specks under my screen protector!

Other than this difficulty, I LOVE my OP3!

Any thoughts on this problem? Thanks!
    11-04-2016 06:45 AM
    Hi there, any update on this? Was thinking of ordering it but waiting for some sort of reliable review.
    11-17-2016 01:28 AM
    I finally was able to score one of the official oneplus curved screen protectors. Not going to go too in depth as I don't feel it's necessary.

Fit - Looks and fits perfect,. 5mm of left and right side viewable screen lost.

Finish - Super slippery. Best finish on a tempered glass I've ever seen.

Appearance - looks just like the original screen. It would be very difficult for people to tell there is even a projector on the phone. No dot matrix and it's full adhesion! So your screen is crystal clear with no glare.

Responsiveness - No loss of sensitivity or accuracy.

I tend to be considered OCD and I can assure you that this is by far the best alternative to going naked.
    11-26-2016 10:57 AM
    I finally was able to score one of the official oneplus curved screen protectors. Not going to go too in depth as I don't feel it's necessary.

Fit - Looks and fits perfect,. 5mm of left and right side viewable screen lost.

Finish - Super slippery. Best finish on a tempered glass I've ever seen.

Appearance - looks just like the original screen. It would be very difficult for people to tell there is even a projector on the phone. No dot matrix and it's full adhesion! So your screen is crystal clear with no glare.

Responsiveness - No loss of sensitivity or accuracy.

I tend to be considered OCD and I can assure you that this is by far the best alternative to going naked.
    Why do you loose viewable screen with this protector and how is it not an issue? Doesn't that mean anything you view will also have things cut off? Text? Images? Not sure I understand.
    11-26-2016 09:53 PM
    Why do you loose viewable screen with this protector and how is it not an issue? Doesn't that mean anything you view will also have things cut off? Text? Images? Not sure I understand.
    Yes some is cutoff, but because most text doesn't go right to the edge, I haven't had any loss.
    11-28-2016 10:34 PM
    Yes some is cutoff, but because most text doesn't go right to the edge, I haven't had any loss.
    I think I'll look for another brand tempered glass protector.
    11-29-2016 03:41 PM
    As of right now, there's really only two tempered glass options: full screen protectors that curve with the edges of the screen, which all have a hairline of screen cut off. I'm using one right now and it's not an issue, but it doesn't adhere correctly to the middle of the screen, so it's got the dot matrix in the center.

The other option is a tempered glass protector that stays far away from the curved edges but is silly because there's a ton of screen still exposed.

There's no good options for tempered glass protectors because of the 2.5d curved glass.

I also ordered the one from one plus because it looks like they actually made them properly this time around. So I'll have this in a few days and see what's what.
    keyzlife, Feldon and SteveLA like this.
    11-29-2016 07:04 PM
    Good luck. I did this a dozen times for this phone alone. I am finally satisfied with the OnePlus solution. Hope you find a solution that fits your needs.
    11-29-2016 07:57 PM
    As of right now, there's really only two tempered glass options: full screen protectors that curve with the edges of the screen, which all have a hairline of screen cut off. I'm using one right now and it's not an issue, but it doesn't adhere correctly to the middle of the screen, so it's got the dot matrix in the center.

The other option is a tempered glass protector that stays far away from the curved edges but is silly because there's a ton of screen still exposed.

There's no good options for tempered glass protectors because of the 2.5d curved glass.

I also ordered the one from one plus because it looks like they actually made them properly this time around. So I'll have this in a few days and see what's what.
    Hope it works out for you.
    11-29-2016 07:59 PM
    Hope it works out for you.
    Thanks, I sure hope so too. I won't use anything but tempered glass cause it's saved my butt many times. This phone has been a PAIN finding the right one, as you already know. Lol I've been living with the dot matrix for a while now. Really sucks.
    keyzlife likes this.
    11-29-2016 08:24 PM
    Thanks, I sure hope so too. I won't use anything but tempered glass cause it's saved my butt many times. This phone has been a PAIN finding the right one, as you already know. Lol I've been living with the dot matrix for a while now. Really sucks.
    Yeah I couldn't take it anymore.
    11-29-2016 09:44 PM
    Just got the screen protector from one plus. I'll attest to what keyzlife said, don't bother with any other glass protector. This one is exactly how it should have been all along.
    12-06-2016 06:56 PM
    The screen protector that came with my phone is already peeling off after just one month. Guess I have a decision to make.
    12-06-2016 09:05 PM
    Better late than never I hope, I purchased the OnePlus curved screen protector for the 3T and have 3 areas under it that have air in (a lot more than bubbles) - they don't push out because the contact isn't good enough. It's the 2nd one I got as the first arrived broken and this time its not clear whether the issue relates to the phone or screen protector but OnePlus have made it clear on both requests I have raised that customer support of any sort isn't on their to do list.
    01-14-2017 01:54 PM
    I'm on my 4th OnePlus curved tempered glass Screen.P. These things are a great fit, great oleophobic coating, and full screen adhesion. The problem is they are SUPER brittle. Barely drop your phone, crack. Lay your phone down too hard, crack. Basically do anything other than coddle your phone and it will crack. I've now spent over $120 US dollars just on screen protectors. I'm done. Last OnePlus I buy. There just isn't enough aftermarket support when it comes to accessories.
    04-05-2017 03:32 PM
    Lol. Still on the original SP that came on my OP3 when I got it over 5 months ago. It has micro-scratches that do not bother me. It's doing its job.

I have a Zagg TGSP on my iPad and it's as bad a FP magnet as the OEM SP on my OP3.
    04-06-2017 07:48 AM
    I'm on my 4th OnePlus curved tempered glass Screen.P. These things are a great fit, great oleophobic coating, and full screen adhesion. The problem is they are SUPER brittle. Barely drop your phone, crack. Lay your phone down too hard, crack. Basically do anything other than coddle your phone and it will crack. I've now spent over $120 US dollars just on screen protectors. I'm done. Last OnePlus I buy. There just isn't enough aftermarket support when it comes to accessories.
    I will be buying a third pretty soon as well. I have to agree, they are pretty fragile. So it might be a money grab for one plus, because it is the best fitting one out there.
    04-10-2017 08:52 AM
    I used to always use a screen protector. Mostly the glass ones. Past couple phones I didn't use one and have not had issues and since I buy a ton of phones I will save a lot of money lol.
    04-14-2017 02:41 PM
75 123