So, the Oneplus 3 gets Schooled again by yet another phone.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
First it was the galaxy s7,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYv8YQJbJaQ

And now the iphone 6s gets it beaten to a pulp again?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRO30ujYBfA

Yeah, I know Iphones have better memory management but still. This is a phone with a whooping 6 gigs of RAM we're talking here. Even if it lost, how can such a phone have problems opening pages and keeping things in memory? And worse of all, loosing by such wide margins?
Infact, my guts even tell me the OP3 will still loose woefully to the iphone 6/5s with 1gig Ram too.

So its either it was done intentionally to save battery, in which case the battery is a mess? Hence, making the essence of the 6Gig ram useless.. Or the phone has some serious Ram management issues or the phone has a low quality ram or All of the above e.g poor memory management + low quality ram + bad battery.
Which is surprising for a phone with a 1080p display, stock android and 3,000mah battery.

HTC 10 has similar (battery, near stock android, SD 820) or lower (4GB ram) but with a qhd display to booth but doesn't have such issues. Really looking forward to a speed test by phonebuff between the HTC 10 and the OP3.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought it would have done better too, but to be fair, I also detest speed tests like this.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Pretty shocking that this phone can't even beat devices that are only twice it's price... also when did C4Etech become an authority? The guy doesn't even realise there's only one model!

But snarkiness aside, if these results are accurate OnePlus have some tweaking to do. Battery saving is important, but a device with 6GB of RAM should NOT be so quick to kill programmes while the screen is on.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Funny how all the phones that go against it are twice if not more in price...If one wants all and money is no object go get an s7 I for one have oneplus 3 on order should be here Monday yay!

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the phone (Picked it up in NYC at the pop up shop) This phone is great and I'm coming from the Nexus 6p running Android N. I think Oneplus figured it out now and will make this phone work. People are sooooo quick to jump the phone hasn't reached everyone yet lol. Yes there are a few bugs I noticed already but I'm sure they will be fixed with a software update.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Especially given the errors in the commentary within the video - I give videos like this, and the test in general, exactly zero credence.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Editing the build prop isn't for the average user - this gets chalked up to a pretty gross mistake for the device.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Editing the build prop isn't for the average user - this gets chalked up to a pretty gross mistake for the device.

I wouldn't say gross, I'm still not convinced there's a problem, and if there is it can be easily patched.

Just got mine, I'm going to live with it for a few days, then edit the build.prop and see what, if any, difference it makes.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I agree it's not a gross mistake. Not everyone needs tons of apps running in the background. But it would have been nice to let it be out of the box. In the end it's fine. I think the OnePlus 3 is going to be a great device. Especially for the price. It is enough I actually ordered one. Let's see how things fare after a bit once the phones get out to more people.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with Assassin Droid that editing the Build Prop is not something I would personally recommend to noobs, it is nice for the more experienced users to have this option. Personally, I think that OnePlus will possibly amend the RAM management in a future release build.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree it's not a gross mistake. Not everyone needs tons of apps running in the background. But it would have been nice to let it be out of the box. In the end it's fine. I think the OnePlus 3 is going to be a great device. Especially for the price. It is enough I actually ordered one. Let's see how things fare after a bit once the phones get out to more people.

Yeah exactly, on the other side, what's the point of all that RAM if it's not being used?

Personally, there was no way it was ever going to be left as it was out of the box anyway. First thing I did was unlock the bootloader and install TWRP lol.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If they're using 3 GB of RAM, then the device would do fine having only 4 GB, right?

Don't think it even gets to using 3gb of ram. Lol but in all honesty, except for the two times I tried to reach its limit, which is about the limit of my 6p, I haven't had any issues in real world usage yet.

I will say though, if you're only using a few apps a day on the 6p, it usually keeps those apps in memory the whole day. Lets see if that happens with the op3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Anand's review came out today. Memory management wasn't all that was bad, quite a few things were worse than expected based on other reviews, but still an overall decent phone at a great price so good value.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I learned a long time ago to stop relying on other people's reviews and opinions on a device. Personally I like to look at the specs and try it for myself. I learned that some so called experts can be wrong. Other times they can be biased on a particular device. Or just misinformed. It is best if you are interested in a device to test it for yourself and stop relying on all the so called "internet" experts out there. Everyone's milage will very.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Anand's review came out today. Memory management wasn't all that was bad, quite a few things were worse than expected based on other reviews, but still an overall decent phone at a great price so good value.

Wow, that review was brutal as related to the display. I ordered one and will have to see for myself, but it sounds bad.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that review was brutal as related to the display. I ordered one and will have to see for myself, but it sounds bad.

I have no issues with it. I mean honestly, I have never understood why people knit picked so hard on ****. The screen is fine.

Posted via the Android Central App