Can you use an American OP3 in Asia?

mcdudely

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm really itching to get the OP3, it seems like an amazing phone for a great price. Unfortunately, they do not sell to my to country, so I have to buy it in the States and ask a relative to bring it home.

I know that the OP3 supposedly is essentially a factory unlocked phone, but then why do they have region specific models? I live in Asia (the Philippines specifically), but getting the phone from Hong Kong is not possible and I would rather not go through the hassle of contacting customer support and asking them to send me an Asian model instead.

I have already checked the site WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network, and it does say that the phone will work, but I would like reassurance from someone who has the OP3 him or herself.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will, but you may not get the best signal.

The reason for regional variants is network banding, the antennas in the device have to match the bands used by the network's in that region. The best thing to do is find out what bands the network you'll be using uses and compare them with the phone

For example I'm in the UK and had a Chinese phone, my 3G (HSPA) signal was always perfect, but j couldn't use 4G (LTE).

EDIT: I checked that site you shared, it seems legit. If it says it will work it probably will.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I use that site all the time because I travel all over Asia and the U.S. and it's pretty accurate. I've used an American N5 and Moto X 2nd gen in China without issues.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey