Received my new OnePlus 3 - is that a screen protector?

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Just opened my OnePlus 3 this morning. Is that a screen protector installed on the phone? There is a definite seam a mm or two from the edge around the screen with cutouts around the camera, home button, etc. I don't see any mention of this on OnePlus's site so I'm curious. I also don't see this is part of the Otterbox protector that I ordered with the phone, and if it was I wouldn't expect the phone to ship with a screen protector already installed.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Just opened my OnePlus 3 this morning. Is that a screen protector installed on the phone? There is a definite seam a mm or two from the edge around the screen with cutouts around the camera, home button, etc. I don't see any mention of this on OnePlus's site so I'm curious. I also don't see this is part of the Otterbox protector that I ordered with the phone, and if it was I wouldn't expect the phone to ship with a screen protector already installed.
It is indeed a screen protector!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah OnePlus have always included a pre-installed screen protector. It's a nice feature that more companies should do.

It's a a shame this one is a bit rubbish...

Posted via the Android Central App

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty decent of them. Even if it isn't the greatest it's more than the other vendors do - at least I haven't heard of anyone else doing that.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The official reason for the screen gaps is that since the glass is 2.5d, wider screen protectors would be more prone to air bubbles and dust.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
It was good enough to last a week until getting a replacement protector. The OEM cover is not Oleophobic. Fingerprint lover edition.

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Same. I don't normally bother with them but left it on. It's fine. I will keep it on until it peels or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
One. This is my first OnePlus and I can't get over how amazing it is.

Second. I wish more companies would do this! I'll take this over the earbuds.

aLmoravado

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a good gesture indeed, despite this particular one being a fingerprint magnet.

My previous phone, the LG G5, had a similar protector pre-installed.

Rakesh Ramamoorthy

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Received my One Plus 3t with a protector attached. Is that good enough or should I go for a tempered glass protector? If I am getting the latter, I should peel off the other one first, right?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine on now for about 2 months and its still on there like the day it came. So I'm just gonna use it until it falls off. I got others like it in case it does!

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth I've still never removed the protector that shipped with my OP3 and it's been about 8 months. No issues with it at all.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I've still never removed the protector that shipped with my OP3 and it's been about 8 months. No issues with it at all.

Same here, except I've only had mine since late October 2016. It's no more a fingerprint magnet than the TGSP on my iPad Pro which cost a lot! They are all fingerprint magnets.

Do I have lots of fine scratches on the SP? Sure.
Do they bother me? Nope!

I'll have to give that to the TGSP, I don't see any fine scratches on it compared to the soft plastic of the SP on the OP3. But still, both suck up fingerprints equally well... or badly, depending on how you look at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781