Another ATT LTE problem thread...

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
So I've had my OnePlus 3 since this morning, about 12 hours. I just noticed that I actually had no cellular data active. I played around with the APNs a bit, using nextgen doesn't work at all, but using "phone" gets me HSPA (I don't see a "+"). This is using the sim I pulled from my iPhone 6 and put in sim slot 1 and called AT&T this morning to get it working (initially I had no voice or data, with the AT&T rep on the phone I confirmed I could make calls, but apparently data never worked). I confirmed all APN settings on AT&T's site, also tried IPv4/6, tried the old Cingular connection urls, tried creating my own APN, HSPA was the best I could get. I pulled the sim and put it in slot 2 figuring this imei related, but in slot 2 I could only connect at Edge using the "phone" APN.

I saw a reference to their being two plans available in AT&Ts system for unlocked devices - 4g and LTE. Supposedly the 4G plan will only give HSPA. I'm thinking that may be what the rep did this morning - associated my sim with that plan. However with the imei entries for the 1+3 supposedly not being in AT&Ts database yet I'm not sure I'm going to get reliable LTE on this. Very disappointing! Guess I'm off to the AT&T store tomorrow to see if we can get this straight.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
So I've had my OnePlus 3 since this morning, about 12 hours. I just noticed that I actually had no cellular data active. I played around with the APNs a bit, using nextgen doesn't work at all, but using "phone" gets me HSPA (I don't see a "+"). This is using the sim I pulled from my iPhone 6 and put in sim slot 1 and called AT&T this morning to get it working (initially I had no voice or data, with the AT&T rep on the phone I confirmed I could make calls, but apparently data never worked). I confirmed all APN settings on AT&T's site, also tried IPv4/6, tried the old Cingular connection urls, tried creating my own APN, HSPA was the best I could get. I pulled the sim and put it in slot 2 figuring this imei related, but in slot 2 I could only connect at Edge using the "phone" APN.

I saw a reference to their being two plans available in AT&Ts system for unlocked devices - 4g and LTE. Supposedly the 4G plan will only give HSPA. I'm thinking that may be what the rep did this morning - associated my sim with that plan. However with the imei entries for the 1+3 supposedly not being in AT&Ts database yet I'm not sure I'm going to get reliable LTE on this. Very disappointing! Guess I'm off to the AT&T store tomorrow to see if we can get this straight.
No problem here! I don't understand why people call att to switch your apn especially when you don't even have to..
f9ae52374ba45237c4d2c2406f8df2a0.jpg

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
In my case after installing the sim in the op3 I had nothing until I called AT&T. I didn't have a choice really. I just tried putting the sim back in the iPhone - another trick people are trying - and that phone can no longer connect to data so they must have deleted the old imei I suppose. Really liking the op3, I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to return it. T-Mobile isn't an option here in NJ unfortunately, that partly why I went op3 vs Fi and the 6p...

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
In my case after installing the sim in the op3 I had nothing until I called AT&T. I didn't have a choice really. I just tried putting the sim back in the iPhone - another trick people are trying - and that phone can no longer connect to data so they must have deleted the old imei I suppose. Really liking the op3, I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to return it. T-Mobile isn't an option here in NJ unfortunately, that partly why I went op3 vs Fi and the 6p...
Hmmmm that's weird I pulled my sim from my 6s and no problems knock on wood

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
So I waited all day before providing an update here. This morning I went to the AT&T store with my 1+3 to see if I could get it sorted. I managed to explain the issue well enough and within a half hour I had LTE service and left happy. At first the folks helping me didn't think I'd do better than HPSA+ with an unlocked device as they thought the phone likely didn't support a newer LTE band. I nicely pointed out that I was pretty sure based on the phones specs it should work. I explained the IMEI issue and how I knew they might not want to do that, but they did. In the software on their iPads they were able to see the old IMEI and applied that to the device on their side. After a reboot it came right up using the correct APN (nextgen) and switched to LTE within a minute.

In hindsight I believe the APN was likely the issue initially. If when I had swapped the old sim in I had known to check and setup the APN I probably could have saved a lot of hassle. Now I know better for next time.

I can confirm that the 1+3 doesn't support VoLTE, at least not here. I can see the phone switch to HPSA+ when I initiate a call and switch back to LTE when I end the call. That's minor though, just thought I'd point it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2