Charging with other chargers.

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6p so I already had a few USB c chargers including quickcharge 2.0 chargers. What kind of speeds can I expect with these just 2amp? Or a base of 1...or 1.5?

Posted via the Android Central App

creativeinfoway

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
charging with the other charger den ur chrger harms ur device due to if ur phone contains of 3000mah battery and the charger is giving the more output for the battery of 5000mah den ur device gets over voltage due to it it is affected adversly so the point is we should charge the device with its particular charger

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
That is all nonsense. And not English whatsoever. The mah does not effect charging voltage.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That is all nonsense. And not English whatsoever. The mah does not effect charging voltage.

I'm glad someone else said it...

I haven't got a QC charger, but it does seem to draw 2A from a normal 2A charger. It actually charges very well from anything, it'll even draw 900mA from my PC while it's off. Something my 5VSB rail is capable of, but no other phone has ever wanted to do.

I'd post a screenshot from Ampere, but my battery is full lol. Hopefully someone who's actually got aQC charger will answer.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, that first response was total rubbish. A standard 5V charger capable of providing 1A - 2A will charge slower than the VOOC system but it will charge. Battery size is irrelevant. The goal in charging is to provide adequate current at the correct voltage and to keep the battery as cool as possible while doing so. The charging circuitry of the device determines how much current will be drawn, not the charger.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I find it charges quite well with QC 2.0 chargers, both car and normal wall versions.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
This is hard to say it seems. I've looked for some additional info on this and it's hard to come by. OnePlus describes their "Dash" charging system as a "modified (implementation of) VOOC" but there is no technical description of either system, at least not publicly available, so comparison is difficult. I'd guess until someone decides to do a tear down and analysis of both systems (EEVblog?) we probably won't know.

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Have used standard and QC quick charge chargers and although I haven't tested with any app of any sort, anecdotally, I would say that this phone charges very quickly no matter what charger I use. Dash charge is fantastic, but I don't worry if it isn't with me because of this. As an added plus, the phone is not finnicky at all when it comes to other chargers like some other phones I have used in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1