Calling issue.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that each time I place a call my data connection drops down to 3G or H. Once the call is complete the data reconnects to LTE. Also I am starting to experience dropped calls. Is there a correlation? I am with T-mobile. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's normal to drop out of LTE to H during calls. I'm on ATT and this was always normal on any phone I have had. No issues with dropped calls. I would make sure your APN settings are correct.

I have noticed that the cell signal is slightly worse than the Nexus 6P and Samsung S7 overall.
I also find the signal bars to be very inaccurate.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Supposedly on T-Mobile VoLTE is supported with the 1+3 so that is odd. I'm on AT&T and my 1+3 does this as well, but I don't believe the 1+3 is supporting VoLTE on AT&T yet so this is expected for me. Agreed checking APN settings is probably the first place to look.

primal5

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile as well and just recently have started experiencing issues with call quality. I haven't noticed it dropping down to H (it might, I just didn't look) but my when I'm speaking to someone they can't hear me for 5 seconds or so then the call is normal and that might happen mid call again.

I'm still driving to the same places I did before so its not the area. I noticed this just started happening so I'm not sure if this is just a T-Mobile issue or the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair