Some apps saying rooted but im not

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Some of my apps i use are saying that my phone is rooted but its not. I actually for once have left the way it came. Anybody else have this problem? Anyway to fix this?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some of my apps i use are saying that my phone is rooted but its not. I actually for once have left the way it came. Anybody else have this problem? Anyway to fix this?

If you haven't done anything then no it's not rooted. To be sure, download Root Checker from the Play Store.
Some apps don't like custom ROMs so that might be triggering that warning message. Root checker should give you a message saying "sorry root access is not properly installed on this device"
Then you shall know ;)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get your phone? If it's from a third party seller, it could well be rooted, and is likely full of tracking malware.

Also, what apps specifically?

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I ran root checker says not rooted. I got straight.from one plus it's my canadian tire credit card app and my telus optik TV app. They say I'm rooted. I usually root didn't on this phone though.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you can check stuff like enable OEM unlocking us turned off...

Failing that, your only real recourse is contacting the app developer. You could try rooting and maybe installing root cloak lol.

Maybe another Canadian will turn up to help...

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Ali Salem2

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I am facing the same issue with my oneplus 3t for a Bank App. I think It is better to contact oneplus maybe they need to install some certification or tell us how to make those apps as trusted ones..Abdullah from Qatar

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It can also be the specific app. If the app doesn't recognize OxygenOS it might think it's rooted.

And if you are on Community Build, it also can cause problems

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Just to be clear, are you certain the apps believe you are rooted or are they complaining that you have development options enabled? My bank app prompts me for that each time I open it. I'm not rooted, but I do have dev options enabled in settings.

SwampFrog

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site

Yes

I had this problem with my 5T apparently some apps instead of actually checking for a root just check to see that SuperUser Root manager is installed. It comes default on oneplus just uninstall it and yor're good to go.

BGenious

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
See if you have the Super User app on your phone. I found that if you delete it, then the problem will be fixed. I hope that helps.

bid19

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
There are many Chinese branded smartphones which ship with root access and unlocked bootloaders out of the box. I don't know what device you have, but I've seen this happen many times on certain Chinese mass-produced smartphones.If you haven't done anything then no it's not rooted. To be sure, download Root Checker from the Play Store.
Some apps don't like custom ROMs so that might be triggering that warning message. Root checker should give you a message saying "sorry root access is not properly installed on this device"
Then you shall know .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad