Sonne29

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I like my Moto for the most part but I am tired of:

Overheating
Lack of fingerprint
Clacking noise while recording videos
Clumsy feeling camera
Lack of Android updates + will we even get 7?
Limited storage since updates always go on the internal 16 GB
Loose micro USB Port
The damn overheating...

It is still under warranty, so a "renovation" might be in order. But I do like the new gold One Plus 3. I don't like that the screen is a lower resolution and there is no water resistance. For those of you who may have had both, is it worth selling the Moto and paying the difference to go to the one plus?

Last edited:

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I like my Moto for the most part but I am tired of:

Overheating
Lack of fingerprint
Clacking noise while recording videos
Clumsy feeling camera
Lack of Android updates + will we even get 7?
Limited storage since updates always go on the internal 16 GB
Loose micro USB Port
The damn overheating...

It is still under warranty, so a "renovation" might be in order. But I do like the new gold One Plus 3. I don't like that the screen is a lower resolution and there is no water resistance. For those of you who may have had both, is it worth selling the Moto and paying the difference to go to the one plus?

The Moto X is water repellant, not water resistant. Big difference.

As for switching, the fingerprint sensor alone would be enough for me, and the screen resolution isn't a deal breaker - plus it's AMOLED compared to the LCD in the Moto X (I'm assuming you are talking about the 2015 Pure Edition). It doesn't have Moto Display, but it still has ambient display where you can wave your hand over it and see your notifications. Also, the OP3 offers near stock Android experience with plenty of subtle customizations that you can make to enhance the user experience. I say go for the OP3. You won't be disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint sensor is becoming something I can't live without anymore. And this things sensor is like lightning!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The switch from the MXPE is a no brainer for me. I had both and the OP3 easily beats that. Like previously said. The fingerprint scanner alone is worth the switch. It's lightning fast and the dash charge is the best out right now.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The switch from the MXPE is a no brainer for me. I had both and the OP3 easily beats that. Like previously said. The fingerprint scanner alone is worth the switch. It's lightning fast and the dash charge is the best out right now.
Is the loudspeaker too worse on oneplus 3?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad