OP3 Arrived Today - Have Some Questions -- Need Some Help!

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
My OP3 arrived today and I think I'm going to love it.....however, have the following questions/problems:

I want to transfer content from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my OP3. I followed instructions for using NFC -- turning it on in both phones (after some OP3 configuration at startup). I held them back-to-back, nothing happened, tried it at least 10 times, also tried it side-by-side, nothing. I was able to get my apps through a back up I had with Google. Any suggestions?

I was unable to get my phone contacts through Google, and can't figure out why, since the apps came through fine. I was hoping I'd be able to use NFC and get them that way, but no luck.

I set up the fingerprint scanner, but can't seem to get it to work, have to use a pin to unlock. What's up with that?

My last "difficulty" is that the OP3 uses a nano SIM card, my old one has a slightly larger one. Consumer Cellular supplies the for free, should be here in 3-5 days. My question is: Is it possible that I wasn't able to get my phone contacts because there is no SIM card in my phone yet?

I still feel if the NFC would work, I'd get my phone contacts!

Other than these minor glitches, I love the phone! It's not too big (I'm a little old lady) and it's really thin. Colors are great, the camera works great, it's easy to customize so far.

Hopefully, someone can give me some assistance. I'm very stubborn, I'll get everything to work the way I want eventually!
Thanks!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello! Hopefully we can get everything resolved quickly!

Have you tried moving the phones around when you have them back to back? Sometimes the NFC modules are in different locations on each phone. Otherwise, if they were both on, and all other variables accounted for, there may be a defect in either device.

As far as contacts not syncing, make sure they are backed up with Google on the galaxy device, then make sure that sync is turned on for contacts in the settings for the one plus.

The fingerprint unlock not working is kind of odd. Haven't heard of issues of it not working after setting it up. Nor have I had issues.

As for the no sim being the reason you can't get your contacts, that would really only be possible if you had your contacts backed up with your sim only, and not Google. Otherwise, you should be able to sync them like stated above.

Hope this helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried the NFC again, and moved the phones around. I did get the tone, but then nothing happened after that. I tried it several times. Just my luck!

I sync'd my email account to Google, but it didn't pick up my contacts and phone numbers.

I must be missing the mark somehow! Think I need to give up for tonight! Maybe something will occur to me by tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your help!

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I GOT IT!!!

I searched on Google Play for an app to transfer contacts, and found one called My Contacts -it's free. Worked like a charm!

I now have all my contacts, phone numbers, even the pictures I assigned to each person -- YIPEE!

Next I'll work on the fingerprint sensor to figure out why it's not working. Once I get my nano SIM card, I'll be in business!

BTW, this phone, as mentioned on their site, charges REALLY fast!

So far, I'm loving this phone!! :D

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Oh brother! Don't laugh at an old lady, but I figured out what I was doing wrong with the fingerprint scanner! I was putting my finger on the fingerprint "picture" on the screen rather than the button on the bottom of the phone! How stupid!!! Works great, love it!

All I need now is my nano SIM card!

J

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! When I told my husband about the fingerprint goof up, he gave me one of "those" looks! Maybe I shouldn't tell him some of the dumb things I do, doesn't put me in a good light! LOL!

niijonodhg

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh brother! Don't laugh at an old lady, but I figured out what I was doing wrong with the fingerprint scanner! I was putting my finger on the fingerprint "picture" on the screen rather than the button on the bottom of the phone! How stupid!!! Works great, love it!

All I need now is my nano SIM card!

J

I'm in love with this post! I work in Mobile Retail and you have no idea how many people do this. You are not alone! Glad to hear you've got everything set up, let us know if you need more help! :)

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

This post made my day and made me smile. :)

Hope you enjoy the OnePlus 3, I know I really enjoy mine.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
move all your contacts to Google contacts, that way you never have to lose a phone number again.

Posted via the Android Central App

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again for everyone's help. My nano SIM should arrive today, so all should be well. So far, I really love this phone - it's beautiful! When I can make a call and send a text, it'll be perfect! LOL!

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
This post has restored my faith in online forums. :)

It sounds like you are just as delighted with your OnePlus 3 as I was when I got mine and glad it's up and running now. Enjoy!

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, Johnny T! I'm not a heavy user, but so far, everything is working great for me! I went from a Galaxy S5 to the OP3, and glad I did -- can't beat it for the price! :D

Aurita

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I was very interested to read your posts. I have had a Samsung S5 for going on 2 years and have been wanting to buy a new phone due to storage space issues and battery life. Also looking for a larger display. I was researching the One Plus 3 and saw your posts. I love the price of the OP3 and I'm excited about all the good reviews. Was a little concerned about some of the comments about the display. Did you find the display to be disappointing after your S5? Also, can you still use the voice activated "google" on the OP3? I love that feature. I also read complaints about the preinstalled screen protector. Do you mind that at all? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I was excited to see that you went from an S5 to a OP3 and love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463