One handed mode?

neil123456

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Does the OP3 have any type of one handed mode? Like the Samsung and iPhone range have?

Just looking into getting a bigger phone but want to see if the OP3 offers any features like this?

neil123456

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
How is the OP3 for one handed usage?

Thinking about comfort in the hand? Can you resize the keyboard at all? And can you pull down the notification bar from anywhere on the homescreen or do you need to pull down from the top?

Last edited:

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
How is the OP3 for one handed usage?

Thinking about comfort in the hand? Can you resize the keyboard at all? And can you pull down the notification bar from anywhere on the homescreen or do you need to pull down from the top?
Depends on the keyboard. Google keyboard does have that option.
As for notifications it depends on the launcher. The stock launcher does have that option as does Nova and action launchers.
Overall I don't feel like its too bad. I came from a lg v10 and that one was hard to use with one hand.

neil123456

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the keyboard. Google keyboard does have that option.
As for notifications it depends on the launcher. The stock launcher does have that option as does Nova and action launchers.
Overall I don't feel like its too bad. I came from a lg v10 and that one was hard to use with one hand.

Thanks for that, concerned that size of it and I can't try it in hand before I buy but have seen that it is slightly smaller that 6s plus. Would have like to see how it feels in one hand.

Good to know I wouldn't have or reach to top of the phone for notifications and that as standard I could resize keyboard.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The overall size of the phone isn't too bad. The thinness really helps in making it not feel TOO big. It is slippery without a case though...

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does the OP3 have any type of one handed mode? Like the Samsung and iPhone range have?

Just looking into getting a bigger phone but want to see if the OP3 offers any features like this?

The other posts are correct in that it does not have a built in one-handed mode, but it does allow you to access notifications with a simple swipe down on the home screen, and the Google Keyboard has a great one-handed mode. I have smaller hands myself and after using the device for two weeks, have really not found it's size to be an issue. It feels smaller than it looks which is major kudos to the OnePlus design team. There have been a few instances where it was a little harder to reach something on the screen than I would have liked, but overall have not found it difficulty to use in the slightest. And I'm a lefty too!

neil123456

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone, it's good to hear as how it feels In the hand and one hand usage is important for me.

Looks like a really good phone from what I have been reading.

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just saw a video showing off the one handed mode on Stock Nougat when you swype from the home button either to the left or right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech