2nd SIM Slot

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my OP3. I would like to take advantage of the 2nd SIM slot. I'm on T-Mobile and I'm assuming that the OP3 only works on GSM carriers. Does AT&T or a MVNO of AT&T have a prepaid sim that I can just load and use when needed incase I get stuck in an area where T-Mo doesn't work? I don't want to add another monthly bill.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Came in here expecting to answer a question, then the question had nothing to do with the thread title. Never mind.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yet you took time to post useless information...

At a loose end and my time had already been wasted, thought you might be able to learn something about thread titles and not wasting people's time, guess not.

This isn't buzzfeed, you don't need to draw people in with misleading post titles.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
So this is precisely what I did. I'm a long time AT&T customer and I picked up a T-Mobile sim and setup a prepaid account with them. I used it for a month but haven't refilled it. I couldn't justify another $35 a month for it when honestly the coverage was nearly the same between AT&T and T-Mobile. If I didn't have service with AT&T (rare) I didn't with T-Mobile either. From what I've heard as far as coverage in my area at least (NJ) T-Mobile still has issues indoors where AT&T doesn't but otherwise they are pretty close. I really didn't see nor do I now expect to see improved coverage using this method. It seems Google Fi may be the best way currently to get improved coverage instead of being tied to a single carrier.

Oh, one annoyance with T-Mobile I saw was that their apps are not dual sim aware. With the AT&T sim in the first slot none of the T-Mobile apps worked as they reported my sim was not a T-Mobile sim. Clearly it was only looking at the primary slot.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my OP3. I would like to take advantage of the 2nd SIM slot. I'm on T-Mobile and I'm assuming that the OP3 only works on GSM carriers. Does AT&T or a MVNO of AT&T have a prepaid sim that I can just load and use when needed incase I get stuck in an area where T-Mo doesn't work? I don't want to add another monthly bill.

To answer your question, yes, you will be fine. I am using two T-Mobile lines on my OP3, but I also threw an AT&T prepaid sim in there just for kicks and it worked fine. You can only use one of the cards at a time for data though so you'll have to manually switch over if you get into a bad service area. Just make sure the prepaid card is activated and has some data on there before you get into a bad situation lol.

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T for call/data and use a Ting SIM (tmo) for the backup signal just in case. If I don't use it it cost $8 a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan