Number saved in existing contact won't stay saved.!!!

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi there!

I have been facing some issues with my op3 device.
First is, When I save a number in an existing contact it seems to be saved but actually after some time say 3-4 hour it won't show the name of the contact, only the number is shown in calling list and in contacts list that contact doesn't contain the saved number....idk what is wrong with it.
Secon is, If I don't use or open any app for about two days it seems to stop working. E.g. In case of autocall-recorder app if I don't open the app it won't save any calls, as soon as I just open and close the app it starts saving every calls!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've been seeing a similar (if not the same) bug on my Nexus 6P. If I save a number to an existing contact, it seems to change the name of the contact to that number, such that if I search for the contact name, it doesn't show up any more. But interestingly, if I edit the contact, the name is in the name field--until I go to edit it, in which case it changes to the phone number! What I've had to do is delete the name, then re-enter it.

However, the number I added to the contact does actually save.

Regarding your second issue--do you have any "RAM cleaner" or battery saver apps installed?

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I didn't understand what are you saying to save the number. Can you pl. elaborate it?

No I don't have any ram cleaner or battery saver app installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What specifically didn't you understand? To save a number to an existing contact, you tap the avatar next to the number, then tap the Add to Contact button (which looks like a silhouette with a plus sign on it). It will then ask you to select which contact to add the number to.

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
What specifically didn't you understand? To save a number to an existing contact, you tap the avatar next to the number, then tap the Add to Contact button (which looks like a silhouette with a plus sign on it). It will then ask you to select which contact to add the number to.

I know that...but what is the solution for my problem? It doesn't keep saved that number

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm--so are you saying that when you try to add a number to an existing contact, it replaces the contact name with that number itself, but doesn't actually add the number in the appropriate phone field?

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hmm--so are you saying that when you try to add a number to an existing contact, it replaces the contact name with that number itself, but doesn't actually add the number in the appropriate phone field?

What I'm saying is when save a number to an existing contact it shows the name of the contact and displays two number in that contact. Which is normally what you see when you save a number to an existing.

But after few hours that number saved in that contact disappears from it.

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have imported that contacts from my Windows phone so they are saved in my live.com ID. One thing I've noticed that only those contacts are not being saved. Otherwise the contacts I've saved in local phone storage will remain saved.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The contacts are associated with your Live.com account--but are you actually able to sync your Live.com account to the phone? That is, if you go to Settings>Accounts (in the System Settings), is there a Live.com account there?

Or did you import the contacts from your Windows Phone into your Google account or your phone's local storage?

smilecool

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I have my contacts synced with live.com account. And I have it in my settings >> accounts.

No I haven't backup those contacts to google account from Windows phone or phone local storage.

..so are you saying, there might be problem with syncing ? (As I think so, )

And one more thing: how do i take all my contacts backup to Google account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sure sounds like there might be an issue with your Live.com contact syncing. Not sure how to resolve that.

To import your Live.com contacts to Google, try the steps here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/164640?hl=en. If the steps under the "Import contacts from Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, AOL, Apple, and other email providers" heading don't work, then try exporting your Live.com contacts to a .csv file as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/980534. Then import them into your Google Contacts using Step 2 under the heading "Transfer contacts from another Gmail account" in that first link.

bbqkid8

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing and ended up going into the sites themselves (Outlook, Gmail, etc) on my computer to update/delete contacts. That seems to have worked, but I should have to do that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463