One plus 3 water damage wifi not working

cratwani

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I had accidently dropped my oneplus 3 in water a few days back. phone is working fine now, but the wifi isnt connecting. it can detect all the networks but refuses to connect. Tried software reset, no results. service centre guys told me that only possible solution is replacing a motherboard, it will cost me a fortune. can u please suggest me a cheaper alternative?? Thanks

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
First, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. My initial recommendation would be to try to find a local, trustworthy phone repair shop for a second opinion. Otherwise, consider:
- Continue to use your OP3 as your daily driver for when you don't need Wi-Fi, and pick up a good, cheap Android for your Wi-Fi use. (obviously depends on your usage patters - I work 9-5 at a place without Wi-Fi so I could probably get away with this)
- Sell your OP3 for whatever you can get for it and use this opportunity to try a new and different phone:)
- I always put my phone in a bag of rice after I drop it in the water (yes, it's happened more than once with varying degrees of recovery). If you haven't done this, you could still try it. I'm grasping at straws I know, but if it were me I'd try it.

Good luck

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately water and electronics devices generally don't mix. You can putting the phone in rice as recommended above, but don't expect much. Once electronics are exposed to water corrosion of the components starts and it's only a matter of time till other things stop working until the phone completely crashes.