Notification Icon

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what the left icon in this pic is? There is nothing there when I pull down the notification bar
8079e1718dce3f5439fbec4f6ace87d4.jpg

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh... Thanks guys. Must have moved it there accidentally. Does anyone use the alert slider? I haven't been able to find a time when I'd need it

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Its the feature I miss most about the iphone, and cant wait to have again coming from the Note. Its amazing at work to just put hand in pocket when meeting starts and switch to vibrate. Dont understand how oneplus hasnt pushed an update that allows you to change the order, though. Ive read tons of complaints of how its basically backwards

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Use the Alert Slider all the time. A blooming good idea, I think. Great for meetings or last thing at night. :)

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
If you use Google inbuilt priority settings, does that negate the need for the slider?
Or have Oneplus removed that par of the OS?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you use Google inbuilt priority settings, does that negate the need for the slider?
Or have Oneplus removed that par of the OS?

They pulled it, one of the few bad calls they made with oxygen OS.

I use the alert slider quite a bit, and the priority settings being removed doesn't bother me, but it is a necessary evil.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So I have to manually adjust my priority modes?

Man that's so 2010

Bit disappointed by that.

Oh well, still waiting for phone to ship anyway (2 weeks after ordering).

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
How is this like the iPhone's vibrate switch? Doesn't this slider limit the amount/type of notifications you receive? How is this better than just putting my phone on silent/vibrate

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
How is this like the iPhone's vibrate switch? Doesn't this slider limit the amount/type of notifications you receive? How is this better than just putting my phone on silent/vibrate

It isn't much different, but it's customisable. I don't know how it compares to the switch on the iPhone, because I try to avoid touching iPhones.

I've got the middle position set to block pretty much everything except alarms and calls, and silent is... Silent. You can still just put your phone on vibrate, but the switch makes it easier without messing with your phone. I'll include a screenshot of what you can silence in priority mode in oxygen 3.2.7.

Attachments

• 86230.jpg
    86230.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 24

Bash_Man

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhh... Thanks guys. Must have moved it there accidentally. Does anyone use the alert slider? I haven't been able to find a time when I'd need it

I use it all the time my self. Bottom position for anytime outside work or when the phone is in my pocket. Mind you, 90% of the time my phone is on vibrate mode, no sound.

middle position is when I am asleep. I have my family members set as stared contacts so they can get a hold of me at night time in case of an emergency.

top position (silent) is when i am at work and phone is on my desk in front of me.

Cheers

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
They pulled it, one of the few bad calls they made with oxygen OS.

I use the alert slider quite a bit, and the priority settings being removed doesn't bother me, but it is a necessary evil.

I guess it would be difficult to a hardware slider and a software control which could contradict each other.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Is there not a way to make the slider change all notifications to simply vibrate? Im trying to replicate the iphone switch as much as possible.

jbbrown79

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there not a way to make the slider change all notifications to simply vibrate? Im trying to replicate the iphone switch as much as possible.
I've been wondering this too. I'd like a silent setting for night, vibrate during the day at work and a ring during the evening hours. I can't seem to do this with just the slider (when I move the slider to priority or all, I have to adjust the volume rockers to either vibrate or ring).