USB-C to USB

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought a USB-C to USB flash drive. I was hoping to take movies I downloaded to my phone and transfer them onto the flash drive so I can plug it into my TV. But the problem is the OnePlus3 won't recognize the drive. Any idea why it won't?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need an OTG cable between the phone's USB port and the drive. (There are short ones available on eBay from China for about 99 cents, shipping included. They work as well as the $40 ones from name-brand manufacturers. I've been using one for over a year.)

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You need an OTG cable between the phone's USB port and the drive. (There are short ones available on eBay from China for about 99 cents, shipping included. They work as well as the $40 ones from name-brand manufacturers. I've been using one for over a year.)
But the flash drive has a built in USB-C port as well as a regular USB. I can plug the flash drive directly into my phone. I still need this OTG cable? Also, what is an OTG cable?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
But the flash drive has a built in USB-C port as well as a regular USB. I can plug the flash drive directly into my phone. I still need this OTG cable? Also, what is an OTG cable?

OTG means on-the-go. You shouldn't need an adapter if it already has a USB-C port. Do you have OTG enabled in storage settings?

Attachments

• 12042.jpg
    12042.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 16

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm