OxygenOS 3.2.8 (MM) OTA for OnePlus 3

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OpenPlus have begun rolling out an update to their stock firmware for the OnePlus 3 models, A3000 & A3003. The update takes it from OxygenOS 3.2.7 to 3.2.8 and is still on Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1.

Here are some highlights:

• Added 1080P 60FPS video recording
  • Added emergency calling for India (Triple press of power button to trigger)
  • Optimization of Snapchat, fixed video calling and scrolling lags
  • Increased system stability
  • General bug fixes

"As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days."

Whilst this is not exactly the same firmware, 3.5.3, as the newly released 3T model is on, I am given to understand that parity between the models will commence with the eventual release of Nougat, Android 7 to both the 3 and 3T

N.B. You will only receive this update OTA if you are already on the stock OxygenOS 3.2.7 firmware. If you are currently on a Beta firmware, you will have to download and flash this when it is available in the OnePlus forums.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I snagged this update (USA) by getting the Opera VPN and changing the location to Canada. Update went without a problem and all looks good.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the good info. Are you going to stay on the CBs once OP releases a stable Nougat update for the OP3?

Good question speedlever. It is in my nature that so long as they keep pushing out the Beta, test builds, I will keep flashing them. Never settle. ;)

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a number of people complaining about the update to 3.2.8 taking away the double power button push to activate the camera. On my OP3, that option was still there after the update.

BUT, I noticed today that when I moved back to the stock launcher (instead of Nova Prime which I've been using), the option to double press the power button to activate the camera is missing now.

Can this be a simple launcher issue? I would not have thought so. But until/unless I switch back to Nova Prime, I won't know. And I'm in no hurry to switch back as I wish to test my perception of speed between the stock launcher and Nova Prime.

Edit: I take it back. The option is still there, but it's now under Settings/display, not Settings/button.

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So has everyone received this update yet...? I still have not. Not a huge deal to me, but I've gotten every update so far either the same day or the next. Is it still rolling out or did something go wrong and they stopped it?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the CB or stable build? I think this update was a CB.

Edit: I have no idea why I asked this question since this thread is about 3.2.8. I was thinking of something else. :-! :-[

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a number of people complaining about the update to 3.2.8 taking away the double power button push to activate the camera. On my OP3, that option was still there after the update.

BUT, I noticed today that when I moved back to the stock launcher (instead of Nova Prime which I've been using), the option to double press the power button to activate the camera is missing now.

Can this be a simple launcher issue? I would not have thought so. But until/unless I switch back to Nova Prime, I won't know. And I'm in no hurry to switch back as I wish to test my perception of speed between the stock launcher and Nova Prime.

Edit: I take it back. The option is still there, but it's now under Settings/display, not Settings/button.

This is a guess, but I'd wager the people that have lost the double power for camera (haven't seen the complaint personally) are Indian. With the triple power for emergency services (bad idea IMO) Oneplus possibly disabled it on Indian phones.

Also, the double press setting was always in settings>display.

Are you on the CB or stable build? I think this update was a CB.
Nope, this is a stable OTA, not a community build. For the original commenter; no, I'm still in 3.2.7. don't worry, it'll come through.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This is a guess, but I'd wager the people that have lost the double power for camera (haven't seen the complaint personally) are Indian. With the triple power for emergency services (bad idea IMO) Oneplus possibly disabled it on Indian phones.

Also, the double press setting was always in settings>display.

Nope, this is a stable OTA, not a community build. For the original commenter; no, I'm still in 3.2.7. don't worry, it'll come through.

The reason I mentioned the double press for the camera being in Display settings vs Button settings is that I was watching Flossy Carter's review of the OP3T. His video clearly shows the double pump of the power button under Settings/Button. Interesting. Perhaps that's a 3.x thing. For 2.x, it's still in the display settings.

vB0vjIZ.png

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they did something to completely break framework overlays in substratum/layers... I know most won't care, but it's incredibly frustrating!

Now... To downgrade or to wait and see what happens with Nougat...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc