I don't know whether this is something i should consider. I have pre-ordered the Oneplus 3T which will be my very first android phone. Do you guys normally take insurance at the point of purchase. It seems to come with a lot of good support factors and is £44.99 extra but if i don't take it - is the basic support should something go wrong be very limited with one plus? Thanks for help
    11-29-2016 03:19 PM
    I skipped it. Consider applying that to a screen protector and case and keeping the change. Otherwise depends on if you would be able to purchase another device if it breaks. I view all phone casualties as upgrade opportunities that can be justified if noticed by wife.
    cgardnervt and speedlever like this.
    11-30-2016 10:28 AM
    I skipped it. Consider applying that to a screen protector and case and keeping the change. Otherwise depends on if you would be able to purchase another device if it breaks. I view all phone casualties as upgrade opportunities that can be justified if noticed by wife.
    Your a smart man! Also....Major +1!
    11-30-2016 02:16 PM
    well i did at the same time purchase the curved tempered glass protector so i have that option if i wanted to use it. I understand it clips off a small portion of the screen. I of course ordered a case from amazon so yeah maybe i should be okay. This is my first android phone having come off from apple so I'm more anxious that ill will take to it okay to be honest.
    11-30-2016 03:25 PM
    I'm in the US. I bought the insurance when I bought a OnePlus 3 in November. Here in April, I dropped the phone and broke the glass. I called expecting to get a replacement phone next day, but was told they don't have any phones in inventory. I asked if I could get a 3T. The response, we don't have any phones in inventory. They will send me a check in 2 business days. This was Friday, Wednesday the check arrives, another 2 days waiting for it to clear my bank. I paid $399.00 for the phone and $80.00 for the insurance. The check was only for $324.00. I understand prorated insurance but ... $75.00 loss on the phone along with the $80.00 that now seems to be a waste. I'm out $155.00.

I bought a junker phone in the interim.

I tried to get my phone repaired. I'm told the replacement glass is $41.00 plus labor and shipping. I asked about their labor rate and where the phone was getting shipped to. Their response was that the glass is now $69.00 and they don't have any information about labor rate or shipping. I'm not sure I want to send the phone back to China and then get told labor and shipping is going to be $200 or whatever they decide to make up. After repeated requests, I still don't know how much this is going to cost.

NOT HAPPY!
    04-13-2017 11:13 AM