Your opinion on the OnePlus3/3T Display

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a 5.5 inch 1080p display with 401 ppi pixel density, so by no means is it subpar right? I don't have the OnePlus3 or 3T, but I am planning on buying one so to those that have it what is your opinion on the display? I have an HTC One M8, how would you compare it to my HTC, as the M8 has 1080p display at a higher ppi of 441. Finally how would you compare to QHD panels like the Google Pixel XL?

-AlbanianTechDude.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I like it better than the QHD from my Nexus 6p. It's brighter and to be honest the only difference I can tell is in the amazing battery life I get. I have no interest in VR so I'm hoping they keep it at 1080p in the future as well. It's a beautiful screen and it doesn't drain the battery.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've also heard that QHD displays drain battery severely. Do you think that because the OnePlus3/3T is a OLED display gives it more vibrance, and color saturation?

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually really like the display on the 3T. I had the 3T, LG V20 and my Note 5 all at the same time and the 3T blew the V20 away despite the lower resolution and ppi. The Samsung was a little better IMO but not by much.

I was a little concerned with all the negative comments about the screen and camera but am really happy (and surprised) with how well they both are. I'm not a huge camera guy, but am 100% happy with it.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm okay with it especially if it helps battery life.

Is it necessary, not really Apple has been at 720P for majority and doesn't seem to be an issue...with sales. Even my 7 Plus is good enough.

Yes, I had the Samsunt S7/edge and Note 7. Were they better of course, do I miss having those displays? Nope.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm very pleased with the 1080P display on the OP3. I don't do VR, so there's that. I've heard/read that the 2k displays have been optimized and don't really use more power, but don't know if that's true or not.

Some have issues with the pentile design display. But I have no complaints about the display at all. It's very readable in bright light.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane