Help! - can't set phone to vibrate after nougat update!

jonnycakes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My phone was working just fine (and really fast) after receiving the nougat update. I always leave the ringer on vibrate only most of the time. Yesterday I turned up the ringer volume as I was working outside and when I went to turn it back down to vibrate, the ringer won't go below the lowest audible ring setting. Silent and priority seem to be working fine as well as the slider, but I just can't set the phone to vibrate. Any thought?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That's a feature that Google apparently put in Nougat. There is a work-around as well as other options. For one thing, you can move the alert slider to the top position (silent) and enable vibrate mode.

The work around involves holding the volume button down while simultaneously moving the alert slider to the position you want. That takes a bit of finesse to make it work, but I've done it on mine. It seems to take a pretty quick movement of the alert slider to make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2CIdaFwisk&feature=youtu.be

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone was working just fine (and really fast) after receiving the nougat update. I always leave the ringer on vibrate only most of the time. Yesterday I turned up the ringer volume as I was working outside and when I went to turn it back down to vibrate, the ringer won't go below the lowest audible ring setting. Silent and priority seem to be working fine as well as the slider, but I just can't set the phone to vibrate. Any thought?

Yeah I'm not too fond of this change either. But like speedlever said, unless you try glitching out the software, vibrate only is now the silent alert setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci