Screen waking up randomly

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Every since I upgraded to Nougat, my screen randomly turns on. I like proximity wake and notification wake, so I dont want to turn those off. Anyone else noticing this? It doesnt full wake, but comes to the black and white screen. Its not at a set interval either, but its definitely random .

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Check Settings/Notifications/apps. You probably have notifications turned on for various apps. I get similar random screen alerts, but I have all my weather notifications enabled. and that is what I typically see.

If you press the gear icon on that page, you have some options to control notifications on the lock screen.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Check Settings/Notifications/apps. You probably have notifications turned on for various apps. I get similar random screen alerts, but I have all my weather notifications enabled. and that is what I typically see.

If you press the gear icon on that page, you have some options to control notifications on the lock screen.

No thats what I mean. I have NO notifications. It just half turns on, then turns off. No notifications to be found

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Only thing that makes it stop is turning off ambient display. But then screen doesnt turn on with actual notifications which is annoying

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have proximity wake off and ambient display on.

If you installed any apps from the play store, I think they default to notifications on.

Like this, but you have options for the lock screen, etc.:
czrMENG.png

Last edited:

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Yea so it still happens with proximate wake off and ambient display off. Interestingly it only happens when im at work, never at home. It must have something to do with the wifi network or something. Also if I leave Keep open on a chrome tab, it does it even more. I assume because its syncing up with my phones keep app in background. I dont know. Oh well not that bothersome was just curious if anyone else had it happening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084