Where's the Google Play Music Equalizer?

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
At one time I was able to access the equalizer in the Play music settings of my OP3. It looks like other users have had this issue on other devices but I haven't found a definitive "how to" to get it back. I've cleared the cache of play music, play services, etc but still no equalizer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it show up greyed out in the Play Music app's settings, or does it not show up at all?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, on my phone (not a OnePlus), open Play Music, tap the hamburger menu at top-left, tap Settings, scroll down to the Playback section and tap Equalizer.

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. The equalizer setting was missing completely. I installed an app called equalizer fx and the equalizer setting returned. There must be a tie in to the music app for 3rd parties. Does anyone know if there's a "stock" equalizer from either Google or OP I may have been missing?

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. The equalizer setting was missing completely. I installed an app called equalizer fx and the equalizer setting returned. There must be a tie in to the music app for 3rd parties. Does anyone know if there's a "stock" equalizer from either Google or OP I may have been missing?

Settings - sound - audio tuner

descb600f

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
No option here!
83d6dada5455d6962721d15a251747e0.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that you had the option before in the Play Music app, and then it disappeared, I would send feedback to Google through the Play Music app's menu, since there might have been a glitch in their latest app version.

descb600f

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
So they removed the option to tweak the eq from inside Play Music but not if you have an alternative eq app installed. I'm struggling why they would do that.

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
At one time I was able to access the equalizer in the Play music settings of my OP3. It looks like other users have had this issue on other devices but I haven't found a definitive "how to" to get it back. I've cleared the cache of play music, play services, etc but still no equalizer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx!
I have a Le eco Pro 3 running 6.01 and also wondered where equalizer was. Just downloaded the recommended FX and now have equalizer.

The Dolby atmos, which is preloaded, only lets you choose music, gaming etc. So this is a great addition.

I am assuming you can adjust audio feeds, such as podcasts and radio via TuneIn app?

As well as music via Google Play?

Looks like FX is now integrated in Google Play Music as well as in settings.

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
What OP did is add an audio tuner to the system settings. It not only affect play music, but everything else while you have headphones plugged in. Just go to system settings, sound and audio tuner.

descb600f

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I have also installed FX and I can access it from inside Play Music without headphones plugged in. I cannot access the FX settings from the sounds setting in Android with or without headphones connected. It gives me the stock android eq there.

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
What OP did is add an audio tuner to the system settings. It not only affect play music, but everything else while you have headphones plugged in. Just go to system settings, sound and audio tuner.
Thx for the info, I will have to play with that. Is it safe to assume the 3rd party equalizer accessible in Google music would override the OP audio tuner? Chances are I'd want specific settings for music than for phone calls, podcasts etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith