Post your Battery Usage

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, when I first got my OnePlus 3T I updated to nougat straight away so I only know how battery life is on nougat and it's enough for me for one day of use but others are claiming many more hours when they were on marshmallow.

So let's post up SS's of our battery usage and SOT to compare.. if you have a phone still on marshmallow I would love to see the battery screen on that.

Here is mine. Only thing I find odd is how much usage there is from Android OS.

8e9b0aaf8f5784394954b4ef4e733142.jpg

94018d848ff5dfb3b7ef59ef1f6ac016.jpg

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
While this is an interesting topic, I think it's largely pointless. Battery life is going to be affected by the apps a user has installed, by the signal strength of mobile data, etc.

There are so many variables in the equation that I do not believe any meaningful comparisons can be made.

Take 2 identical phones with the same apps installed, etc. If one is used in a strong signal area, it will use less power to maintain the signal than a phone in a weak signal area. Or that's how I understand it. And if that's true, those identical phones would show quite a different battery usage profile.

Alternatively, take two identical phones except one has been upgraded to Nougat OTA, the other has been clean installed. Put them both in the same environment and I have to wonder if that would show a meaningful difference in battery life?

Regardless, to post random shots of battery life without any caveats (one uses FB apps, another doesn't, etc.), I don't really understand how this will tell us anything.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
While this is an interesting topic, I think it's largely pointless. Battery life is going to be affected by the apps a user has installed, by the signal strength of mobile data, etc.

There are so many variables in the equation that I do not believe any meaningful comparisons can be made.

Take 2 identical phones with the same apps installed, etc. If one is used in a strong signal area, it will use less power to maintain the signal than a phone in a weak signal area. Or that's how I understand it. And if that's true, those identical phones would show quite a different battery usage profile.

Alternatively, take two identical phones except one has been upgraded to Nougat OTA, the other has been clean installed. Put them both in the same environment and I have to wonder if that would show a meaningful difference in battery life?

Regardless, to post random shots of battery life without any caveats (one uses FB apps, another doesn't, etc.), I don't really understand how this will tell us anything.

Although you are right, the difference being thrown around between Marshmallow and Nougat is so large that no amount of difference in apps, cell signal could be causing the difference. I'm seeing people claim they went from 33 hours on one charge to 10 hours. That's a huge difference I don't think any app could cause.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I think of it as more of a fun topic. It also opens up some discussion on what others are doing to get the most out of their battery life. But you are correct as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463