More people in the same sms/text message

Anita Aviaja Olesen

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Just switched from ios to Android. Need help to figure out if it's possible to have a group sms/text message (not Messenger, Hangout or other) ? I can send the same text to multiple contacts, but their answers come in separate texts.... What's wrong. Was using the text-group function a lot on ios.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Technically, SMS does not permit with more than one recipient (nor does it do pictures, sound or other files); that is what MMS is for.

Hangouts and Messenger both automatically switch to MMS when necessary. What are you using to send your SMS messages?

iOS hides all of this stuff from the user, by the way, and simply uses iMessage (or whatever it is called) which would be similar in function to Hangouts.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from ios to Android. Need help to figure out if it's possible to have a group sms/text message (not Messenger, Hangout or other) ? I can send the same text to multiple contacts, but their answers come in separate texts.... What's wrong. Was using the text-group function a lot on ios.

I use GroupMe for group messaging. I think Android (or maybe it's my carrier?) has a limit of 10 for a group message event. That won't work for things like team events when you try to include all parents in the news and information loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463