I've tried most current flagships. the OnePlus 3t is the best so far

msgray2u

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
when did you purchase your Note 5.... I'm still debating between Samsung 7edge, Pixel XL, or One plus 3T. Can't afford to purchase two phones in one year.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 5 and loved it! But there is no comparison between the Note 5 and the 3T, the 3T kills it in every performance and battery life category.

The Note 5 does however have very cool Samsung apps and connects to Samsung watches perfectly. I still prefer the 3T over my Note 5 but am now using a S7E as my daily driver. Having the Samsung Galaxy apps and certain Samsung quirks is awesome.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
glad to hear that. I need to upgrade and debating between OnePlus 3T, Pixel XL and Galaxy S7 edge, after reading your review, I concur don't want to spend $800 for XL. However, I'm on Verizon and want to keep my phone number. What carrier are you on and are you in the USA? Thanks for any tips

If you plan to stay on Verizon, do not include the OP3T in your considerations. It is a GSM phone only... TMobile and AT&T are your choices unless you don't care about LTE/4G+.

Check it out here:

WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your review! I couldn't agree with you more: the OnePlus 3T is the very best bang for your buck right now. It's an all-around fantastic phone and purchase choice. I, myself have the Honor 8 and while it's one of the "midrange" phones I always recommend now because it is also an economic-and-worthwhile purchase, I still push the OnePlus.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
So this weekend I used the video camera for the first time and couldn't get it to focus or remain focused on my daughter as she was figure skating. Not a great experience. I've posted a separate thread about it.

Hoping I'm doing something wrong.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So this weekend I used the video camera for the first time and couldn't get it to focus or remain focused on my daughter as she was figure skating. Not a great experience. I've posted a separate thread about it.

You should link your thread so that lazy people like me don't have to search for it. ;)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had the OP3t just under a week and so far I'm blown away by how fast, crisp (Screen), and reliable it is. It's battery life is unbeatable. This is a significant bargain, but the fact that I can afford one of the flagships but have chosen the OP3t speaks volumes.

I'm a really big fan to. Ever since the OnePlus 3T launched I've been wanting to get one. Maybe its because i love saying 'OnePlus' haha. Just the value you getting for the price you paying is really good. I love the large battery and the 821 processor is just so awesome. Runs very smoothly. Maybe thats because of the 6GB RAM.

Only time will tell if its the 'honeymoon' phase but i think the happiness is here to stay. Seems you have had a bad run with devices lately so lets hope this one is perfect :D

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site

This is what made me sell my OP3. Camera experience is bad and not much you can do. Tried manual mode too but not really good.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Took this with my Note 5. Was not able to get this shot with OP3.

Attachments

• 20170211_171644.jpg
    20170211_171644.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 47

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I've taken great videos (well, IMO, of course) of my son dunking the basketball in indoor lighting at a basketball court. However, that may not present the same challenge as you faced. Not sure. But in my experience, the camera focus did great in video mode.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I've taken great videos (well, IMO, of course) of my son dunking the basketball in indoor lighting at a basketball court. However, that may not present the same challenge as you faced. Not sure. But in my experience, the camera focus did great in video mode.

Well, some folks have suggested its because of the white background from the ice. But I've taken videos of her with other good camera phones like the S7 Edge, and they were excellent. At the end of the day, OnePlus had to compromise somewhere. I'm getting good camera photos, so if the video isnt' stellar for me, I'll live with that. For the price and even not for the price, it's one of the best phones on the market today.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
If that be the case, it's an unfortunate HW choice by OP that I hope they'll correct for the next generation phone they put out. I play to use my OP3 for at least 2 years, so I don't plan to be in the market for a while yet. But ya never know, stuff happens.

While I mentally acknowledge the camera is probably the weak point of the OP3/3T, I've been quite pleased with the photographic/videographic results I've seen thus far. But what I'd like to see is a camera that's widely recognized as top tier in every regard.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, some folks have suggested its because of the white background from the ice. But I've taken videos of her with other good camera phones like the S7 Edge, and they were excellent. At the end of the day, OnePlus had to compromise somewhere. I'm getting good camera photos, so if the video isnt' stellar for me, I'll live with that. For the price and even not for the price, it's one of the best phones on the market today.

I know it's of your daughter, so I understand if you don't want to share it, but I'd like to see how bad it is. Again, understand if you don't want to share. I have 4 kids that I'm a little protective of!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance