Hydrogen OS 3.0 for OP3/3T released

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I cannot see the point really. The Chinese, H2O, firmware and worldwide OxygenOS, were partially merged, UI wise, about 5 months ago. The Chinese model is only just now receiving the Nougat update which is based on the worldwide OxygenOS 4.0.3 update. Since China does not have Google apps and Play Store on their Android phones, you will need to flash Gapps, Play Store and Google Services separately.

Although China, like the USA, still partially uses the old, obsolete, CDMA network, (theirs is a knock-off version called TD-SCDMA), which has GSM 4G/LTE bands that are not compatible, by-and-large, with either the USA or rest of the world. "If", the China modem/Baseband is included in the firmware, you may need to change it to worldwide or USA. See, Will My Phone Work?

In short... ironass will not be rushing to flash the H2O firmware. ;)

Let us know how you get on speedlever!!!

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh, not I, said the little red hen. Like I said... for you adventurous souls! My idea of excitement is doing a FDR on my phone these days. :D

But yeah, I agree there's nothing much there that would tempt me.

That being said, we may have to have some conversations about the CBs soon. I'm feeling a bit more adventurous these days.. once I get a few projects behind me. You still running the latest CB?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh, not I, said the little red hen. Like I said... for you adventurous souls! My idea of excitement is doing a FDR on my phone these days. :D

But yeah, I agree there's nothing much there that would tempt me.

That being said, we may have to have some conversations about the CBs soon. I'm feeling a bit more adventurous these days.. once I get a few projects behind me. You still running the latest CB?

I should have added in my original reply that the H2O firmware, unlike OxygenOS, only comes with Chinese and English language packs.

Yes, I am on the Beta 11 firmware and awaiting Beta 12 in a week or two's time. See, here.

To be honest, the stock OxygenOS release, 4.0.3, is on a par with Beta 11 at the moment as there has been a one month hiatus on Beta releases.

Whilst Beta firmware is, by-and-large, usually fairly stable, I would, personally, only recommend it for competent and experienced rooted users that have TWRP custom recovery and Titanium Backup Pro installed and are not averse to doing a full Factory Reset and wipe after installation.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I cannot see the point really. The Chinese, H2O, firmware and worldwide OxygenOS, were partially merged, UI wise, about 5 months ago. The Chinese model is only just now receiving the Nougat update which is based on the worldwide OxygenOS 4.0.3 update. Since China does not have Google apps and Play Store on their Android phones, you will need to flash Gapps, Play Store and Google Services separately.

Although China, like the USA, still partially uses the old, obsolete, CDMA network, (theirs is a knock-off version called TD-SCDMA), which has GSM 4G/LTE bands that are not compatible, by-and-large, with either the USA or rest of the world. "If", the China modem/Baseband is included in the firmware, you may need to change it to worldwide or USA. See, Will My Phone Work?

In short... ironass will not be rushing to flash the H2O firmware. ;)

Let us know how you get on speedlever!!!

Holy comma-overload...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae