Hi guys

Just got my new onepuls3t one thing is really bugging me is that I am not getting any splat notifications either for email or WhatsApp. I've changed everything I can thing of and I've reset every thing. Running current OS as well just updated it. So it's clear not getting any indication on the app icon of a message. On emails would have number of unread and on WhatsApp you have number of overall messages on the icon itself without having to open the apps???? Any ideas
    03-07-2017 03:25 PM
    3T doesn't do this. Not sure why they got rid of the feature. Can use Nova Launcher and get the Teslaunread add on. It's the one thing that annoys me about the phone.
    03-07-2017 03:28 PM
    Seriously ? What I cannot believe that it wouldn't have such a simple notification ? I'm soooo disappointed if that is the case. I didn't see that in any of the reviews I read and I read a lot before getting this. Might as well go back to s7.
    03-07-2017 03:31 PM
    Just confirm as i have checked with one plus they don't support this type of notification. They are looking at it though. So may be updated at some point.
    03-12-2017 03:42 AM
    The OnePlus 3/3T does not support message count on icons by default. You can install Nova Launcher Prime and its sister app, TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher, to obtain this.
    03-12-2017 07:20 AM
    Is the lack of unread alerts a OnePlus thing or a stock Android thing?

As mentioned above Nova Prime/Tesla unread brings that functionality and more.

I have to say there are some features that skins bring over stock Android that I miss. Unread alerts is one. Another is speed dial from the keypad.
    03-14-2017 11:41 AM
    Is the lack of unread alerts a OnePlus thing or a stock Android thing?

As mentioned above Nova Prime/Tesla unread brings that functionality and more.

I have to say there are some features that skins bring over stock Android that I miss. Unread alerts is one. Another is speed dial from the keypad.
    It's an android thing, of course Oneplus didn't remove it for no good reason.

Some android builds like Samsung's have it added in, Samsung being the biggest player people often incorrectly think of their build as being "normal android", which it clearly isn't.

The OP mentions this not being mentioned in any reviews, there's no reason it would be. Not having them is the norm.
    ironass likes this.
    03-14-2017 11:57 AM
    Coming from skinned versions, sometimes it's hard to know what is stock Android specific and what is OP specific. For me, the trade-off has been worth it to go with minimal bloat and a near stock experience. But there were some things that surprised me weren't stock: like no speed dials from the keypad.
    ironass likes this.
    03-14-2017 11:19 PM
    Yeah that's understandable. One of the things that drew me to Oneplus was the fact that most of the additional features are both beneficial and optional. The thing to remember with stuff like the icon count badge is that they aren't going to remove an android feature without good reason, it would be more work than including it, and why remove functionality?

Most of OxygenOS is pretty stock now, just things like gestures and the partial dark theme (I'm beginning to hate Google for not including a system level theme engine), and other little tweaks that would normally require root and/or a custom kernel to achieve.

The pessimist in me is waiting for them to ruin it lol.
    03-15-2017 12:09 PM