Im looking at buying a 3 or 3T, but theres a massive price difference between the two...

I look for Camera, clean clear loud speaker (podcasts) and phones Audio and battery life in a phone... I dont shoot alot of video and if i do... i use 1080p and I dont do selfies, so...

My local shop has them both in stock.. but

3T is 128GB @ £485
    3 is 64GB @ £390

Considering what I look for in a phone, is the £95 price difference worth it

Thanks
    03-17-2017 08:04 PM
    Im looking at buying a 3 or 3T, but theres a massive price difference between the two...

I look for Camera, clean clear loud speaker (podcasts) and phones Audio and battery life in a phone... I dont shoot alot of video and if i do... i use 1080p and I dont do selfies, so...

My local shop has them both in stock.. but

3T is 128GB @ £485
    3 is 64GB @ £390

Considering what I look for in a phone, is the £95 price difference worth it

Thanks
    Seems to be the same rear camera, different front camera. both have same internals (3t has the 821 vs 820 chip)
    Compare OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3 Size, Specs, Camera
    AKFL3TCH3R likes this.
    03-17-2017 09:01 PM
    Personally, I'd go to the Oneplus website and buy the 64 GB 3T for £399.

https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-3t

The 3 is fine, it's what I'm using. But there's no way you should pay 390 quid for one at this point.

That 128 GB 3T is also overpriced, they go for 439 at Oneplus.net
    03-17-2017 10:00 PM
    I currently have the Oneplus 3T 128 gb just got it a week ago. I love it the features are great. Speakers are very loud. Very smooth running and very fast. The battery charges fast and will last all day if your not on it constantly (obviously). The camera is insane 16mp front and back i recommend it but definitely look into yourself. Dont just take my word.
    03-18-2017 01:54 AM
    Since the only storage is internal, the 128GB option would tempt me. In addition, the 3T has a nice battery bump over the 3. Otherwise the rear camera is the same as the 3. The front camera means little to me as I'm not into selfies.
    03-18-2017 06:38 AM
    Get the 3T directly from OnePlus. 128gb would come cheaper than what you've been offered
    03-18-2017 10:40 AM
    Thanks everyone for the great replies.. Im still considering it.. along with the Xperia XZ , so alot to think about.. but the reviews are swaying me to the 3T
    03-18-2017 05:26 PM
    Thanks everyone for the great replies.. Im still considering it.. along with the Xperia XZ , so alot to think about.. but the reviews are swaying me to the 3T
    I'm getting a company phone next month and I'll be selling my 2 month old 128gb 3t then 🤐
    03-19-2017 08:55 AM
    Ok folks... After looking at the camera samples... I went for the OP3, however, I got it much cheaper than £390... 64GB Gold version.
    Just done the OTA upto 703... Its on its first charge, so far.. Im very impressed.. Just a quick test but so far, great speaker and camera as well...

Just a question:
    Its an A3003, which i believe is UK, but why the Dual Sim if its UK?

Thanks
    03-19-2017 12:29 PM
    While it's still fresh in your hands, I'd go ahead and OTA up to 4.1.0 (Android 7.1.1). Wipe the system cache, do a factory data reset, and you should be good to go (before you load up too many apps/data on it).
    NightOrchid likes this.
    03-19-2017 12:31 PM
    Why not the dual SIM if it's UK? I use both slots and it saves me having to carry a second phone.

I suspect the actual reason is that it's cheaper to manufacture one set of hardware, but it's​ useful, and why not have it just because we aren't in China or India?
    NightOrchid likes this.
    03-19-2017 12:48 PM
    Why not the dual SIM if it's UK? I use both slots and it saves me having to carry a second phone.

I suspect the actual reason is that it's cheaper to manufacture one set of hardware, but it's​ useful, and why not have it just because we aren't in China or India?

I totally agree with you... I ask because Ive never used a OP device before, having 2 sims usually means someone has brought it in from abroad,,, but if the A3003 is a UK device, then Im happy with that... as long as I havent been sold a Non UK region device
    03-19-2017 01:05 PM

Sorry.. Double post
    03-19-2017 01:07 PM
    While it's still fresh in your hands, I'd go ahead and OTA up to 4.1.0 (Android 7.1.1). Wipe the system cache, do a factory data reset, and you should be good to go (before you load up too many apps/data on it).

It says Im on the latest OS, it wont update anymore... Do UK unlocked 3s have the 710 build yet

According to this:

http://downloads.oneplus.net/

It looks like the latest build... although theres a Beta Rom.. ive just unboxed and charged my 3.. so i dont want to start messing with ADB flashing just yet..

Thanks Though
    03-19-2017 01:08 PM
    VPN to Canada or Germany and check again. Disconnect the vpn before starting the download.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    03-19-2017 02:02 PM
    Yes, the A3003 is definitely the UK version.

As speedlever says, you can use a VPN to get the most recent software, I would recommend opera VPN (for this purpose at least) it's free and easy to use. Although I'm also curious what build number you're referencing... If you're referring to the 170313 at the end of the build number, that is the most recent version. That number is the build date, I'd suggest using the OxygenOS version instead to avoid further confusion, the most recent version is 4.1.0.

Either way, you should definitely take the advice to factory reset before you install and set up too many apps, it will update your file system to a newer version (I don't know what your technical level is, if it means anything to you it will format the data partition to f2fs instead of ext4).
    speedlever and NightOrchid like this.
    03-19-2017 03:33 PM
    Thanks Speedlover & fuzzylumpkin.. all sorted.. I did indeed use Opera VPN... its one of the simplest apps ive ever used...

In case anyone else is interested:
    Just d/l from Play store, boot it up, change region to Germany (I thought best to use an EU country rather that Canada), Check for Updates... and start download...

However, Speedlover was right, as soon as download starts.. disconnect the VPN and it downloads in seconds instead of hours through the VPN.

Then I did a factory reset and wipe cache in the recovery to reset and return my phone to UK..

All is good

Thanks
    03-20-2017 02:11 PM