Oxygen OS 4.1.0 (Android 7.1.1) update changes widgets and apps on homescreen

A

AC Question

Hey guys,
That's my first question here and I am really thankful for any help I can get.
I updated my OnePlus 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.0. The problem is, that now the Homescreen changed from 4*4 lines, columns to 5*5. So I am now able to put 25 apps on one site instead of 16. This is not bad at all, but most of the widgets (Spotify, Wikipedia etc.) Are 1*4 so they aren't filling one line up anymore. Moreover if I rearrange the apps and widgets and turn my phone off and on again everything is automatically rearranged by the phone again so that the last line and last column are empty and it looks like the 4*4 Homescreen just a little more packed. It's weird and feels like a bug but I am not 100% sure. Maybe OnePlus just highered the amount of apps you can put on your screen...
Is there anything I can do? Maybe something in the settings or just reupdating my phone and hoping that it's gone?
Thanks for your help... I hope you can understand my explanation of the problem :D

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I believe that this is a dpi thing. Check your dpi under settings>display>system>display size and adjust it to what you want. Large dpi will give you 4 icon rows

Leonidas879

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the quick and good help! Feel a little embarrassed because it's such an easy fix :D thought it has to do something with the update but that was wrong...
Thanks again and have a nice day