Bluetooth Connection after latest update?

kc2kth

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I'll start by saying I regularly run into issues with my car head unit (Alpine 149bt) not connecting well to my OP3. Usually toggling BT off and on or turning the HU off and on helps eventually get the devices to connect. However after applying the last update yesterday afternoon, and having no issue connecting my OP3 to the HU yesterday afternoon, this morning I had nothing but issues with it. The two wouldn't connect at all. Eventually the OP3 showed the HU as a new device to pair with. Once I did that the two connected, but due to the GPS having major issues this morning as well requiring a reboot of the OP3 to resolve the phone and HU wouldn't connect again. I had to try to repair them a couple of times and a it took a couple more reboots of the OP3 before it worked and I was able to get them connected again. Really painful morning as far as my OP3 relative to BT and GPS (Waze and Google Maps both had GPS issues finding the receiver).

Am I alone in this?

Asingh360

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
You are not alone ! Since the update i cannot get the car to sync with the Bluetooth for media at all. The Bluetooth setting will not allow me to click the media box. I have tried to re boot and don't understand what is going on! Any help out there????

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone ! Since the update i cannot get the car to sync with the Bluetooth for media at all. The Bluetooth setting will not allow me to click the media box. I have tried to re boot and don't understand what is going on! Any help out there????

Same issue with my Audi A6 2012. It won't play media at all. Wipe cache partition etc. Nothing works.
It's made my mind up. Bye, bye 3t. Now what to replace it with... Wait for the Nokia 9, Sony ZX Premium. Any other ideas? Like the look of the S8, but not a Samsung fan.

petteriusa

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I can connect to my car's (2017 Subaru WRX) fine, but I've lost all the metadata information. The bluetooth screen doesn't display any artist or song info. I'm going to try and delete the phone from the car and try again, but it's kind of disappointing to have lost this info.