What carrier are you using this phone on?

Nathan Crain

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
So I've been planning to purchase the Oneplus 3, but the other night I read a post on Reddit about not getting lte on AT&T, even though it has the right bands. What experiences do you have with different carriers in the US?

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
AT&T here and LTE is working fine for me. I did have some issues getting it working. After moving my iPhone sim to the OP3 I called AT&T who changed the imei (hardware address) in their system to the address of the OP3. AT&T didn't have these addresses in there database yet so I ended up with HSPA+ only until I went to the AT&T store and had them swap the hardware address back. Once they made the change I had LTE serivce and it was excellent. The following week I was taking to AT&T again and the rep submitted my actual imei to support to have it added to their database as an LTE capable device. A day or so later I lost all data access on the phone. Another call to AT&T to have the rep set the imei on the account to match my imei and everything has been good since - it's been five days now.

All of this could be avoided if OP had made sure AT&T had updated their database with the hardware addresses prior to launch. This appears to be a disconnect between the companies that hurt us consumers.

cchou168

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
AT&T here and LTE is working fine for me. I did have some issues getting it working. After moving my iPhone sim to the OP3 I called AT&T who changed the imei (hardware address) in their system to the address of the OP3. AT&T didn't have these addresses in there database yet so I ended up with HSPA+ only until I went to the AT&T store and had them swap the hardware address back. Once they made the change I had LTE serivce and it was excellent. The following week I was taking to AT&T again and the rep submitted my actual imei to support to have it added to their database as an LTE capable device. A day or so later I lost all data access on the phone. Another call to AT&T to have the rep set the imei on the account to match my imei and everything has been good since - it's been five days now.

All of this could be avoided if OP had made sure AT&T had updated their database with the hardware addresses prior to launch. This appears to be a disconnect between the companies that hurt us consumers.
Never had to do anything. Pulled my sim card from iPhone 6s. Put it in and LTE right away and works. No issue at all since the launch day.

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
In hindsight I may not have needed them to do anything if I had thought to check the apns after swapping the card. I was getting no service when I first moved the sim over - nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power