Note 3 to OnePlus 3, is it worth it?

Laila Taylor

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Still using a Note 3 on 4.4 KitKat here. $400 is my budget for buying a new phone, and I was considering to get a Note 4. However, some Note 4 users recommended that I try a newer device. Is the OP3 a good upgrade from the Note 3? Has anyone here actually done that? I'm a little concerned about the battery life on the OP3 since it has a smaller battery compared to my Note 3. Otherwise, it looks like a nice phone.

Also, I see some people are having issues with AT&T and LTE on the OP3. I'm currently using Tracfone with Verizon, so I have the option to choose AT&T or T-Mobile. Should I choose T-Mobile to be on the safe side, or is this problem with AT&T not that widespread?

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
My experience with the battery life on the OP3 is that it's really, really good. I would go from 8pm - 6pm on a regular work day (browsing/gaming on my commute to and from work, checking messages throughout the day etc) and still have plenty of battery left. (anywhere from 40-60%) Then you have the "DASH" charging - top it up for 20-30 mins and you're back up to 100%. I was pleasantly surprised at how I was able to adjust my charging habits. No more overnight charging - a little when I get up and a little when I get home and I never have to worry about my battery.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. Still using a Note 3 on 4.4 KitKat here. $400 is my budget for buying a new phone, and I was considering to get a Note 4. However, some Note 4 users recommended that I try a newer device. Is the OP3 a good upgrade from the Note 3? Has anyone here actually done that? I'm a little concerned about the battery life on the OP3 since it has a smaller battery compared to my Note 3. Otherwise, it looks like a nice phone.

Also, I see some people are having issues with AT&T and LTE on the OP3. I'm currently using Tracfone with Verizon, so I have the option to choose AT&T or T-Mobile. Should I choose T-Mobile to be on the safe side, or is this problem with AT&T not that widespread?

Yes it is worth the upgrade from the sheer standpoint of performance alone. The op3 is going to feel like melted butter compared to a Note 3 with old school TouchWiz.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is worth the upgrade from the sheer standpoint of performance alone. The op3 is going to feel like melted butter compared to a Note 3 with old school TouchWiz.
Having had the note 3, 3 phones ago, this will feel like a rocket ship compared to the N3.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
A big fat yes from me, the OP3 is a hella good phone. I really liked the Note 3, but the OP3 will feel (and rightly so) many generations a newer phone. Also, Touchwiz on the N3 was not an interface I liked at all.

Laila Taylor

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the responses!

*Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and buy this. But the ETA is one month... It's gonna be so hard to wait lol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20