Anbody considering a Pixel?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm shocked to admit that even though I've used Nexus phones for years, as a OnePlus 3 owner I can't think of any good reasons to "upgrade". I'm so happy with this phone. It gets bogged down by nothing I throw at it. What would have made me consider is better front facing speakers and water resistance, both of which Google omitted from the Pixel. So is the slightly better camera worth the upgrade? I can't imagine so. Care to give me a reason to reconsider?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I am even though I think it's ugly and over priced. I've watched the reviews and it's the software of course my addiction.

I sold my last two OnePlus 3 (Graphite & Soft Gold) not because I wasn't happy but addicted. I actually think the 1+3 is the best of 2016.

I sold the Soft Gold for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 but now that I got a full refund I'm thinking of going back to OnePlus. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WENT BACK USUALLY ONCE I UPGRADE I'M DONE.

What's stopping me is the Pixel and I heard rumours OnePlus is release a REFRESH?

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I waited for the Pixel announcement, laughed heartily, and ordered a OnePlus 3. It will be here October 28th.

LyricalNonsense

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
They do have top of the line specs and build quality as well as a great stock Android experience. But I do hope that high range phones are not the future for Google.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I got my OP3 back in 9/23 after decided to give up on the note 7. Saw the pixel announcement on the 4th, and was like Yep definitely keeping the OP3 and waiting for OP4. Well lo and behold, just ordered the pixel xl 128gb black yesterday and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Lol call me crazy. Once it comes I'll see if my cousin wants to buy the OP3, if not swappa here I come

doa70

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I was eagerly awaiting the announcement, but as soon as I saw the price I ruled it out completely. My wife has been wanting a new device and I was waiting on the Pixel potentially for her. At that price point I just bought her another iPhone, the 7+ specifically. It's what she knows so she is happy.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my OP3 back in 9/23 after decided to give up on the note 7. Saw the pixel announcement on the 4th, and was like Yep definitely keeping the OP3 and waiting for OP4. Well lo and behold, just ordered the pixel xl 128gb black yesterday and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Lol call me crazy. Once it comes I'll see if my cousin wants to buy the OP3, if not swappa here I come

You are crazy.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm shocked to admit that even though I've used Nexus phones for years, as a OnePlus 3 owner I can't think of any good reasons to "upgrade". I'm so happy with this phone. It gets bogged down by nothing I throw at it. What would have made me consider is better front facing speakers and water resistance, both of which Google omitted from the Pixel. So is the slightly better camera worth the upgrade? I can't imagine so. Care to give me a reason to reconsider?

Unless you love taking photos and it's your main camera. I wouldn't say the upgrade is needed. Sure it is a little better in terms of performance but nothing massive.

The only other reason to possibly switch is if you want to be the first to receive updates.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I ordered a pixel but I'm not sure when it will arrive. So I called google fi support and asked if I could use my fi sim in another non-google phone without being cut off. The answer is yes, BUT, I'll only be able to run on T-mobile towers and I won't be automatically sent to wifi (except home wifi) . So I'm considering the oneplus 3,and ZTE axon 7. Because im an audiofile, im leaning towards the ZTE. Any input would help.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a pixel but I'm not sure when it will arrive. So I called google fi support and asked if I could use my fi sim in another non-google phone without being cut off. The answer is yes, BUT, I'll only be able to run on T-mobile towers and I won't be automatically sent to wifi (except home wifi) . So I'm considering the oneplus 3,and ZTE axon 7. Because im an audiofile, im leaning towards the ZTE. Any input would help.

If you really consider yourself an audiophile, there should be no doubt which to choose - Axon 7.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
You are crazy.
Hahaha I've been called that many a times with my phone addiction.
I had the Axon 7 together with the OP3 for a week. Audio capabilities definitely much better than OP3, but I couldn't get past some software quirks of the axon, and really hated the capacitative buttons layout, along with it being not back-lit. Plus the OP3 at the moment is getting much more software support, and development is much better on the OP3

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
That comparison video is epic. Alas I will have to wait a bit longer due to the clownshoes in Shenzhen customs:

Oneplus-shipping-clownshoes800.png

Old Delivery Date: October 27, 2016
New Delivery Date: This information is not available. Delivery options are temporarily unavailable for this shipment.

Going to call DHL on the phone.

Last edited:

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Played with pixel in BestBuy today. Not impressive with those huge bezels at the bottom. Looks weird and it did lag when swiping to see Google now (usually I always see reviews hype in their reviews for a new phone). I think OP3 nailed it this time in design and software optimisation. Axon 7 looked great too (not sure about camera, heard update released today to fix some issues)

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I think the next Pixel will be the one to go for when Google have ironed out some kinks. In the meantime I'll enjoy the OP3 and my Pixel C Tab which arrives tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon