Is there a "First Things to do" thread for the OP3?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I searched for "first thing" in the title, but didn't find anything.

I would think the first things to do list would include:
1) enable sRGB mode to enable the slider
2) FDR (factory data reset) the phone
3) set up wifi and download any available update
4) then begin setting up the phone

Agree or not?

What first things do you suggest?

My OP3 should arrive in a couple of days.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't think there's much point doing a factory reset if you bought it directly from Oneplus...

First thing I did was unlock the bootloader and install TWRP though, so it was wiped anyway.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't think there's much point doing a factory reset if you bought it directly from Oneplus...

First thing I did was unlock the bootloader and install TWRP though, so it was wiped anyway.

Hey fuzzy, the main reason for the FDR is to enable the color slider in sRGB mode.

I don't plan to unlock my bootloader as I may use Android pay.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So tired of waiting for this phone. Close to just paying $30 more on swappa for a mint condition one.

Daiz, not to turn this into a delivery thread, but my OP3 is running pretty close to the schedule I got when I ordered it on 10/4. Looks like shipment is within a day or so of schedule, but delivery is expected several days earlier than scheduled, based on the text alert from DHL.

Good luck with yours.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey fuzzy, the main reason for the FDR is to enable the color slider in sRGB mode.

I don't plan to unlock my bootloader as I may use Android pay.

Ah, got ya.

Although I sort of think using the colour slider defeats the point of having sRGB enabled in the first place...

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
True. But I'd like to enable the option now rather than later and have to FDR and re-install and set up all my apps again. ;)

Bippoptl

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So tired of waiting for this phone. Close to just paying $30 more on swappa for a mint condition one.
That's actually what I did. I ordered from Oneplus and with tax it came to $435. I found mint gold one on swappa, with 4 cases and a screen guard, for $465. And I received it the next day. Definitely worth it.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
That's actually what I did. I ordered from Oneplus and with tax it came to $435. I found mint gold one on swappa, with 4 cases and a screen guard, for $465. And I received it the next day. Definitely worth it.

Yea if I had to do it again I would have just done this. I ordered on 10/10 and it still hasn't even been shipped yet.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I searched for "first thing" in the title, but didn't find anything.

I would think the first things to do list would include:
1) enable sRGB mode to enable the slider
2) FDR (factory data reset) the phone
3) set up wifi and download any available update
4) then begin setting up the phone

Agree or not?

What first things do you suggest?

My OP3 should arrive in a couple of days.

The first thing I would do I return the device ^_^ lol

No I'm joking. The first thing I would do is put it in its case or add a screen protector. I see too many people with cracked screens and it looks bad.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I always case my phones, so that goes with saying. I have a Spigen Rugged Armor ready to go. I then put the encased phone in a vertical holster with a rotating belt clip... if I can find one that fits the above combo. Info on the appropriate sized holster has been a bit hard to come by.

But the kind of info I'm looking for is any critical setup info... like the afore mentioned sRGB/FDR prior to spending time installing and setting up everything.

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
My order is now processing.

Ordered a case and screen protector, although will leave the original one on initially to see how it fairs.

Already got a couple of videos saved for tips etc

So excited!

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My order is now processing.

Ordered a case and screen protector, although will leave the original one on initially to see how it fairs.

Already got a couple of videos saved for tips etc

So excited!

Always been with Samsung Note series. With note 7 fail I tried this. Am surprised how great this phone is. It's just amazing and performs super smooth. Never knew Android can be lag free, thx to TouchWiz 😀.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Always been with Samsung Note series. With note 7 fail I tried this. Am surprised how great this phone is. It's just amazing and performs super smooth. Never knew Android can be lag free, thx to TouchWiz 😀.

Having been a Samsung fan for some time, I've been pleasantly surprised by the OP3. It has been lag free and a real joy to use.

£329 well spent.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Rugged Armor case on my OP3. It's not quite as grippy as I like. Wish Speck made a CandyShell Grip case for the OP3. That has been my favorite case on my GS4 thus far.

I've struggled trying to find a decent vertical holster for the encased OP3. I figured out that the Note7 is pretty close in overall dimensions:
OP3 - 6.01 x 2.94 x 0.29 inches
N7 - 6.04 x 2.91 x 0.31 inches

So I ordered a Turtleback leather vertical holster with rotating belt clip for the Note7. I think it will fit the encased OP3.

http://www.turtlebackcase.com/samsu...leather-pouch-heavy-duty-fits-with-slim-case/