Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would the lack of SD card impact your decision to buy the OnePlus One?

I keep a lot of media on my note 3 now, so lack of SD card is a substantial downside for me. They do off the 16 or 64gb options, however my note 3 has 250% the capacity of the 64gb OnePlus One . Is the 16/64 enough for you?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Would the lack of SD card impact your decision to buy the OnePlus One?

I haven't had an SD card slot on a mobile device since my Galaxy Nexus and have all my needs switched to wireless solutions now.
    Thanked by 2:
    dpham00moosc 
    moosc and yfan like this.

Default Re: Would the lack of SD card impact your decision to buy the OnePlus One?

i'd be good with 32gb

I'd probably be able to make it on 16GB, but I'll get the 64 since it's not much more expensive. I might use the extra storage some day.

Between MP3 storage, my Dropbox, VUDU, and Google Play Movies, I'd probably fill up 64 GB pretty quick with cached data for offline use. Rather have an SDXC slot that I can stuff 128 GB of stuff on.

That said, if LG doesn't include one in the G3 I'll probably give the Other One a look anyway.

Personally I would be covered by the 64gb option. 16 is to small

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

64, yes. 16, no. If I do the One it will be a 64.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

64gigs all day long. 16 gigs just isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Is the 16/64 enough for you?
    I would get the 64 GB version and politely ask the company to add SD card support in next year's model. #NeverSettle
    Thanked by:

I really like sd-card support but the 64gb version is a great package. That int storage along with Dropbox and Google Drive would be fantastic. 16gb is just ridiculous IMO, that is just useless and today's modern Smartphone needs internal storage, the more the better.
    Vinny

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk.

Noooooooo 64GB is enough heck i am not taking my entire life with me. with google drive, box, sky, dropbox, and every other cloud storage service i can't believe we are still have this discussion of a memory card its 64GB
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

I prefer the 64GB internal option instead of a 16GB internal, Plus Sdcard. Having all of the memory internal is much more manageable and secure, especially considering what Google has done to limit access in the Sdcards.
    fightcrazy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post
    I prefer the 64GB internal option instead of a 16GB internal, Plus Sdcard. Having all of the memory internal is much more manageable and secure, especially considering what Google has done to limit access in the Sdcards.
    The good thing is that since OnePlus is using CyanogenMod, it is not limited to Google's implementation for SD cards.

I look at the issue like this. The OnePlus company needs a lot of sales to keep in business. If having SD card support boosts sales for OnePlus, then I see no problem with them adding it in a future model.

ROM
    Stock till s-off

I'm going to get the 64g version. No, I don't think it would be a problem. It occurred to me that I still have plenty of room on my 32 gig sd on my S4 and I put it in last year when I got the phone, so having a removable media isn't as much of an issue to me anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    yfan likes this.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

64 is enough for me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    The good thing is that since OnePlus is using CyanogenMod, it is not limited to Google's implementation for SD cards.

I look at the issue like this. The OnePlus company needs a lot of sales to keep in business. If having SD card support boosts sales for OnePlus, then I see no problem with them adding it in a future model.
    I haven't used CM nor do I know how or if they are overriding the security controls that Google included in 4.4.2 to prevent apps from writing into Sdcard areas without specific permissions, and that would concern me, but as long as I can have 64 GB built-in, that is more than I think I will ever need, and I can avoid the issue. I can understand how some others may want the external card available, and that's fine with me..

Global Posts
    24,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

I could get by with 16. My Nexus 5 and Moto X are 16 only. So I am used to it.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I have also been sticking to 16gb models. I went ahead and got this just in case I ever found an SDcard required. I have found that this little wonder works in more devices than I first thought it would.

Global Posts
    24,245 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Not a bad little thing to have...

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Yep me too.

I've got about 8 and a half gigs left unused on my 16gig N5. I just don't put a lot of stuff on my phone these days.

That microSD card reader is good to know about tho, thanks for posting the link zedorda.

Moto X/Nexus 5
    1+1/Nexus 5

I've used OneDrive for several years. I've got 140GB of cloud storage. For me an SD card would be a negative. I'd still opt for the 64GB model simply because I could and the cost is not much more. My Nexus 5 and 7 are both 32GB.

Sent from my 2nd Generation Nexus 7.

If I phone have microSD card I will less likely to buy it then one that doesn't.
    yfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I keep a lot of media on my note 3 now, so lack of SD card is a substantial downside for me. They do off the 16 or 64gb options, however my note 3 has 250% the capacity of the 64gb OnePlus One . Is the 16/64 enough for you?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Do we know how much of the 16 gig is useful memory on the Oneplus One? I did read where Oneplus says the are getting way more demand for the 64 gig black... but you know people are going to complain and want a 64 gig white.... and for only $50 more I don't even see why you'd even make a 16 gig.... I know some people don't need more than 16 but for only $50? $349 is still an AMAZING price for what your getting.. (As long as support/updates hold) I opted for the 32 gig Nexus 5 because the extra bump in price wasn't that big and "Just in case" I needed the extra storage down the road.... but I could have comfortably survived on 16 gig....
    Nexus 6, 64 GB Midnight Blue
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I haven't had an SD card slot on a mobile device since my Galaxy Nexus and have all my needs switched to wireless solutions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I have also been sticking to 16gb models. I went ahead and got this just in case I ever found an SDcard required. I have found that this little wonder works in more devices than I first thought it would.
    Thanks for the link for the Meenova MicroSD card reader. I'm curious -- why do you have a microSD card reader if all your needs switched to wireless solutions? Is there a difference between having a Meenova card reader versus having a built-in microSD card slot in your phone?

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Thanks for the link for the Meenova MicroSD card reader. I'm curious -- why do you have a microSD card reader if all your needs switched to wireless solutions? Is there a difference between having a Meenova card reader versus having a built-in microSD card slot in your phone?
    I can't speak for zedorda but I just bought one of those Meenova readers for my younger brother. He has a 16gb moto X and doesn't even use half of his available storage. He uses the Meenova to preview videos he records with his GoPro while he is out riding trails. OTG USB support allows the freedom to choose phones without USB and still have the convenience.

I play with my food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast