Would the lack of SD card impact your decision to buy the OnePlus One?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep a lot of media on my note 3 now, so lack of SD card is a substantial downside for me. They do off the 16 or 64gb options, however my note 3 has 250% the capacity of the 64gb OnePlus One . Is the 16/64 enough for you?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had an SD card slot on a mobile device since my Galaxy Nexus and have all my needs switched to wireless solutions now.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably be able to make it on 16GB, but I'll get the 64 since it's not much more expensive. I might use the extra storage some day.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Between MP3 storage, my Dropbox, VUDU, and Google Play Movies, I'd probably fill up 64 GB pretty quick with cached data for offline use. Rather have an SDXC slot that I can stuff 128 GB of stuff on.

That said, if LG doesn't include one in the G3 I'll probably give the Other One a look anyway.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would be covered by the 64gb option. 16 is to small

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I really like sd-card support but the 64gb version is a great package. That int storage along with Dropbox and Google Drive would be fantastic. 16gb is just ridiculous IMO, that is just useless and today's modern Smartphone needs internal storage, the more the better.
Vinny

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Noooooooo 64GB is enough heck i am not taking my entire life with me. with google drive, box, sky, dropbox, and every other cloud storage service i can't believe we are still have this discussion of a memory card its 64GB

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the 64GB internal option instead of a 16GB internal, Plus Sdcard. Having all of the memory internal is much more manageable and secure, especially considering what Google has done to limit access in the Sdcards.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the 64GB internal option instead of a 16GB internal, Plus Sdcard. Having all of the memory internal is much more manageable and secure, especially considering what Google has done to limit access in the Sdcards.

The good thing is that since OnePlus is using CyanogenMod, it is not limited to Google's implementation for SD cards.

I look at the issue like this. The OnePlus company needs a lot of sales to keep in business. If having SD card support boosts sales for OnePlus, then I see no problem with them adding it in a future model.

guitardoc64

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to get the 64g version. No, I don't think it would be a problem. It occurred to me that I still have plenty of room on my 32 gig sd on my S4 and I put it in last year when I got the phone, so having a removable media isn't as much of an issue to me anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is that since OnePlus is using CyanogenMod, it is not limited to Google's implementation for SD cards.

I look at the issue like this. The OnePlus company needs a lot of sales to keep in business. If having SD card support boosts sales for OnePlus, then I see no problem with them adding it in a future model.

I haven't used CM nor do I know how or if they are overriding the security controls that Google included in 4.4.2 to prevent apps from writing into Sdcard areas without specific permissions, and that would concern me, but as long as I can have 64 GB built-in, that is more than I think I will ever need, and I can avoid the issue. I can understand how some others may want the external card available, and that's fine with me..

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I could get by with 16. My Nexus 5 and Moto X are 16 only. So I am used to it.

I have also been sticking to 16gb models. I went ahead and got this just in case I ever found an SDcard required. I have found that this little wonder works in more devices than I first thought it would.

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Yep me too.

I've got about 8 and a half gigs left unused on my 16gig N5. I just don't put a lot of stuff on my phone these days.

That microSD card reader is good to know about tho, thanks for posting the link zedorda.

Moto X/Nexus 5

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used OneDrive for several years. I've got 140GB of cloud storage. For me an SD card would be a negative. I'd still opt for the 64GB model simply because I could and the cost is not much more. My Nexus 5 and 7 are both 32GB.

Sent from my 2nd Generation Nexus 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith