Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So, the OnePlus One has the following dimensions:

OnePlus One Specifications (link)

Dimensions: 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm

Weight: 5.71 oz (162 g)

Display Resolution: 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI

I can understand that not everyone wants a phone as big as the OnePlus One. Did the company make a mistake with releasing their first phone in this size category?

If you prefer a smaller phone, what would be a better size? Would you accept a thicker phone to accommodate the same battery?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone Size: Your Thoughts?

I'm probably gonna take the plunge and try my first >5" phone with the oneplus. The nexus 5 feels good but I think I could also enjoy a slightly larger device, and if the battery is anything like a Note in terms of its
Lasting power that'll be a welcome change. My N5 has decent but not great battery life. Also never tried cyanogenmod, so pretty excited about that too. Long live the this new trend in affordable high end unlocked phones!

Posted via Android Central App

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

A bit too big for my taste but who knows I might just take the plunge or wait for them to make a <5" device :)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

The onward march in size is seems to be unstoppable. A year ago there is no way I would have considered a 5.5 phone but I have gotten acclimated to bigger screens and I'm interested in in this phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

It's a really tall phone and I can deal with that. You have to remember most of the us and eu wanted the phone at 5.2 Max. But they went with 5.5 due to demand from the Chinese forums. For the money this phone is a steal and I will get used to the hight and width.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I am not as concerned with the size as I am with how well the build quality and overall usefulness of the device.... I'd been looking at getting a used Galaxy Note 3 off craigslist for more than this thing would cost and since I've rooted my GS3 before I got my current Nexus 5 (and ran Cyanogenmod on it) This is a steal.... At least on paper... I'd gladly pay $349 for the 64 gig version... at least to test it out.... Hard to say on the size until you tote the sucker around for a few weeks and months....

I remember my original EVO at 4.3 inches was a MONSTER that took some time to get use to... but I've been carrying a 5 inch phone for a while now with ease..... So 5.5 or 5.7 is the next logical step right?????

ExtremeNerd

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

It's not the size of the screen I'm worried about. It's the overall size of the phone. When it was first being hyped, they said it was "a 5.5 inch screen in a 5 inch body." That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It's nearly half an inch larger than my current phone. It will be an adjustment, but like all phones, once you're used to it, you won't notice.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I love the Samsung's Note series, had the Note 3 and love the improvements made especially the faux leather. It can be a PITA to carry around and sometimes use where I sold it for the 32GB nexus 5 (and later sold it for the S5). :)

I think 5.2" is the sweet spot for me personally. I will buy/try this just to see what the hype is all about.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I've had the Note 3 and One Max so big phones don't matter to me. The fact that it's slightly narrower than the Note 3 is a plus in my book.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I almost got a 1320 the other day, so I am leaning towards getting this phone when I decide to get rid of my Nexus 4....

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
If and when I am able to buy the OnePlus One, the size is not going to keep me from getting it. I do think my Nexus 5's size is perfect, but I have also lately been playing with a Nexus 7, and I've found that I wouldn't mind a phone with a screen slightly bigger than the N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm personally I don't like the progressive jump to larger and larger phones. I like my M7 and the G2 as far as overall size.

That said I wouldn't totally rule it out on size alone. I currently like the Oppo 7, One plus One, M8 and the soon to come G3. Seems like I'm a victim of circumstance.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
To most android users, the size may seem just a bit bigger than their daily driver but to people that would be coming from something like a iPhone 4, it would seem freaking massive. It all just depends on who they're targeting. Because if they're trying to target everyone, they definitely should've gone with a 5 inch display... Because a lot of my friends and family still consider my Nexus 5 as a huge phone...

njasmine

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a nexus 4 and that seems like the perfect size phone, but I'm really thinking about giving this a try. Worst case I will just sell it on eBay.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was really interested in this phone, but the size will be an issue. I had a note 2 and currently have a note 3, and I no longer enjoy this size phone. I was bummed when they announced it, and it was as big as the note 3. My S4 was the perfect size, IMO. I've held a moto x, G2, and Nexus 5, and also liked those. My next phone will be in that range.

Here is a comparison vs the Note 3: OnePlus One vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Quick Look: http://youtu.be/xW4a75x1F-0

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
For me, the size is a deal-breaker. I just prefer my phones small as possible and while this is a steal of a deal, I'm still looking for the small-sized powerhouse that I've been waiting for.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm probably gonna take the plunge and try my first >5" phone with the oneplus. The nexus 5 feels good but I think I could also enjoy a slightly larger device, and if the battery is anything like a Note in terms of its
Lasting power that'll be a welcome change. My N5 has decent but not great battery life. Also never tried cyanogenmod, so pretty excited about that too. Long live the this new trend in affordable high end unlocked phones!

The battery life is probably better than the Note because of the lack of all that touchwiz crap that has to run, hog memory, and suck battery. Not to mention that recent studies show no one wants or uses it anyway.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, the size is a deal-breaker. I just prefer my phones small as possible and while this is a steal of a deal, I'm still looking for the small-sized powerhouse that I've been waiting for.

Unfortunately you will probably be stuck waiting forever. I too was bummed to see this phones size as I love the size of my Moto X. Now rumors are pointing to a larger moto x2. I certainly hope not!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz