Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OnePlus One: Do You Like the Name?

While I like what I've seen of the OnePlus One so far (in preview videos and such), I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the name. I think it gets confusing when HTC already has a line of phones that is also called "One" (the M7 and M8).

Also, some people abbreviate the OnePlus One to "OPO," which I always mix up with Oppo. Oppo is the OEM partner that is making the OnePlus One, but Oppo also has its own line of phones (including the greatly anticipated Oppo Find 7).

Anyway, it's just a small gripe. The specs and price make up for it, so I'll live with the name. On the bright side, I like the nickname on the OnePlus.net website: "2014 Flagship Killer."

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: OnePlus One: Do You Like the Name?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    While I like what I've seen of the OnePlus One so far (in preview videos and such), I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the name. I think it gets confusing when HTC already has a line of phones that is also called "One" (the M7 and M8).

Also, some people abbreviate the OnePlus One to "OPO," which I always mix up with Oppo. Oppo is the OEM partner that is making the OnePlus One, but Oppo also has its own line of phones (including the greatly anticipated Oppo Find 7).

Anyway, it's just a small gripe. The specs and price make up for it, so I'll live with the name. On the bright side, I like the nickname on the OnePlus.net website: "2014 Flagship Killer."
    I feel like the name is redundant. A lot of stuff these days has "One" in their names and it's kind of getting boring.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    Carrier
    mean

Well the companies name is one plus. The device name is one. As far as the name I could care less. Yes I agree it's slightly redundant and they could have come up with something more interesting. But owe well I would rather have them use all that brain power in making the phone better.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Yes I agree it's slightly redundant and they could have come up with something more interesting.
    Do you think HTC would sue them over the "One" name?

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Do you think HTC would sue them over the "One" name?
    Would HTC sue Microsoft for their "OneDrive" service? In this day, lots of services have the "One" name in them. But yeah, they might considering people could get confused. It is going to be an interesting couple of months... 😋

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk