Are you still on the fence OnePlus One?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If so why are you? I'm still on the fence my self. Here is a small list as to why.

1) accessories - I like a good support of accessories. Sounds dumb but it can keep the phone fun. For example I love my Urban Armor Gear case for M7. Looks flashy and nice! Plus it offers great protection. I like my phones to be scratchless and perfect. This way I can sell them when I'm done with them knowing I took great care of the device!

2) Battery life - I wanna see real life tests here on this. I know the screen looks great and its a good size phone as well but if the battery can't last a day then I have issues with it. I love the battery on the M7 currently.

3) Support/Parent company - I don't know much about Oppo. However I will be researching them! Glad they have the time to test these waters but I wanna make sure the support will be there. In fact if you have any experience with them write down below. I'd love to hear about it.

So there is a short list so far. I may not be a pre-order but I'm watching this device closely. Its caught my eye but I'm not fully sold just yet! I can go either way at the moment.

What are your thoughts on this device? Its a very interesting one to say the least and I hope it rocks the boat with it's price and quality. If in fact its really there.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: Are you still on the fence about this device?

No I'm not in the fence I'm going to get it. But accessories availability does make me think. From most of the things I've heard you should have no problem making through a day with this phone. As far as support that one we will have to wait and see I know oppo is building the phones. But I have no idea if it will be a joint service center handling repairs or what.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

I am about 75% sure I will get it. The 25% holdout comes from the fact that this device won't support Band 2 LTE - which is important for me because I'm on T-Mobile and T-Mobile is about to reframe their rural 2G spectrum to LTE, on Band 2. I am not - NOT - however, going to smash my perfectly good Nexus 5 to get the 1+1.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I am about 75% sure I will get it. The 25% holdout comes from the fact that this device won't support Band 2 LTE - which is important for me because I'm on T-Mobile and T-Mobile is about to reframe their rural 2G spectrum to LTE, on Band 2. I am not - NOT - however, going to smash my perfectly good Nexus 5 to get the 1+1.

I won't smash my M7 either! :p Thats why I will wait until its out for the general public! :p

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

not at all on the fence... I'll buy the 64 gig black version as long as it's not some crazy 3 months before you can get one.. I wouldn't buy the 16 gig just to get one... and NO I wouldn't smash my Nexus 5 either for one.... I have a slightly cracked screen GS3 I used before my Nexus 5 that I would smash or donate (since they updated the give away) the only way I go 16 gig white is if it's for a $1.00 and I actually got picked as one of the first 100..... and even then I'd probably sell it just to get the 64 black when it came out...

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Im deffo getting it for my next phone, its got cornering gorilla glass 3 so its can take a drop. Also I think the battery will last the G2 has a 3,000 mah batt on a 5.2inch display which works brilliantly so I think a 5.5inch display with a 3,100 mah batt should work like a charm.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

As cheap as it costs, i'm still going to wait for the first wave of consumer reviews

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

I am on the fence because it doesn't seem like this will update without a computer. Anyone know for sure? I do t want to have to plug it in all the time to install updates.

Posted via Android Central App

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It will be between this or the G3. The size is what's got me torn.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I am on the fence because it doesn't seem like this will update without a computer. Anyone know for sure? I do t want to have to plug it in all the time to install updates.

It will have OTA updates.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Well that is a common complaint from those that don't have a Note. I have it and for most stuff the Note size is fine. That isn't true for some because of there use case.

The screen size can be great once you accept it. It just isn't perfect for phone functionality, but most everything else benefits.

My question is being I have a note 3 why would I want this. A slight bump in CPU and CM isn't enough to pull me away.

If I wasn't already a note user maybe.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Taller but slimmer than a note.

Cool, thanks. Just held the Note 3 at the ATT store today. I think I can easily get used to that size. And,as far as being on the fence... the recent (and almost uniformly positive) engadget full review pretty much seals the deal for me. If/when the thing is actually in stock and orderable I'll definitely get it.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Definitely gonna check this phone out when it is finally launched. It would be rude not to. Especially at that price. 😉

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Well that is a common complaint from those that don't have a Note. I have it and for most stuff the Note size is fine. That isn't true for some because of there use case.

The screen size can be great once you accept it. It just isn't perfect for phone functionality, but most everything else benefits.

My question is being I have a note 3 why would I want this. A slight bump in CPU and CM isn't enough to pull me away.

If I wasn't already a note user maybe.

Great question. But I see this from a stand point if you did not own a Note 3. Its a no brainer really. price a lone make this the phone for me if I was looking for a bigger phone. But you are correct...If you happen to have a Note 3 or even maybe a Note 2 and you love it then this device might not be for you! However I have a M7 (That I love) and I have not found a replacement yet. The M8 wasn't a big enough upgrade to pull me away. However this one might be. I will see when its launched later this year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63