Their 15 minutes.....did One Plus Marketing campaign backfire?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like One Plus has missed their window? I was once interested in this phone, but it has been awhile since I have heard anything about it and I have lost interest. With Google I/O coming with Android TV and Android Wear I am happy to have held on to my $$$.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree. They've been slow with the invites, had that ill-advised "smash your phone" campaign, and continue to hit speedbumps. I don't think they'll be the game changer they hoped to be.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am also inclined to agree. At the rate they are going, they are going to have to compete against the G3 and the Note 4. The longer they delay the more people will just get frustrated (especially if they need to upgrade from a damaged or aging device) and get something else.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you think LG and Samsung will release the G3 and the Note 4 (respectively) at price points that will be competitive with the OnePlus One?

No. But at the same time either between a subsidized price or payment options through carriers I think the price argument is almost negated.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you think LG and Samsung will release the G3 and the Note 4 (respectively) at price points that will be competitive with the OnePlus One?

Probably not. But I'll bet most of their potential customers (myself included) are at a point where they might just wait and see what Google I/O has to offer and what is to become of the Nexus program.

I play with my food

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
With Google I/O coming with Android TV and Android Wear I am happy to have held on to my $$$.

Let's say OnePlus had plenty of phones for sale on day one. Would you have bought one, even though it would mean you would have less money to spend on an Android TV or Android Wear?

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No. But at the same time either between a subsidized price or payment options through carriers I think the price argument is almost negated.

I think a major selling point of the OnePlus One is the off-contract price. I would guess most people who would buy the OnePlus One are not interested in financing a phone through a carrier.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think a major selling point of the OnePlus One is the off-contract price. I would guess most people who would buy the OnePlus One are not interested in financing a phone through a carrier.

Which becomes irrelevant when more and more people say 'I give up waiting; I am getting something else.'

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Probably not. But I'll bet most of their potential customers (myself included) are at a point where they might just wait and see what Google I/O has to offer and what is to become of the Nexus program.

Perhaps the delay from OnePlus is a blessing in disguise. You might find something that interests you more at Google I/O. In that case, OnePlus did you a favor.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If people want to spend more money or lock themselves into a contract, they are free to do so.

Yep and most will... Or they'll wait for another Nexus. You lose customers when you hype them up and say oh wait.. Wait.. It's coming. Just look at Sprint ha :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep and most will... Or they'll wait for another Nexus. You lose customers when you hype them up and say oh wait.. Wait.. It's coming. Just look at Sprint ha :D.

The fact is, if you need a phone now, just go buy one now. There are a lot of good phones on the market already. If you change your mind, you can always sell your current phone and buy the OnePlus One when it's available.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The fact is, if you need a phone now, just go buy one now. There are a lot of good phones on the market already. If you change your mind, you can always sell your current phone and buy the OnePlus One when it's available.

Well yeah that's the case for anyone.. With any cell phone. The topic is about people moving on due to delay..

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps the delay from OnePlus is a blessing in disguise. You might find something that interests you more at Google I/O. In that case, OnePlus did you a favor.

Sure, and I'm not even bitter about it. In fact, I'm quite happy with my current phone. But that doesn't change the fact that had the One been available One+ would have my money.

I play with my food

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, the OnePlus One is definitely a cell phone, so the solution I discussed is certainly applicable.

Of course it is... But sticking to the topic about did they miss their mark for most consumers? Yeah they did... The thread isn't about can they sell an old phone and get this one..

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are happy with your current phone, then why are you concerned with OnePlus having your money?

It isn't relevant to the topic of this thread. One+ missed their mark with me (and many others) by failing to deliver their product in a timely manner. My $350+ is just a fraction of the cash they are not because of that.

I play with my food

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Of course it is... But sticking to the topic about did they miss their mark for most consumers? Yeah they did... The thread isn't about can they sell an old phone and get this one..

So, what should consumers do if they cannot get a OnePlus One right now?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac