Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

Default Re: Got my One yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    What kind of battery life are you experiencing? Maybe you have a defective phone/battery? I can easily go from 7am - 11pm and still have at least 40% left.
    I go by Screen On Time. Right now I'm at 54% with 2hrs24mins S.O.T. and I've been off the charger for 11hrs36mins.

I play with my food

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sophos View Post
    I go by Screen On Time. Right now I'm at 54% with 2hrs24mins S.O.T. and I've been off the charger for 11hrs36mins.

I play with my food
    That doesn't seem that bad to me. I have the G3 and right now I'm at 1Hr 23min S.O.T. with 48% battery. I've been off the charger for 16Hrs 19mins.
    Thanked by:
    Sophos 

My battery life is incredible. 11.5 hours off charger today with 2.4 hours screen on and 61% left. LOVE it!

Sent from my OnePlus One

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Default Re: General thoughts

Looks like my shipping saga has come to an end. Just got a notification that my package got scanned at a facility in Cleveland. I should have it when I get off work tomorrow night. (Family guy voice) "YAY"

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App
    mhettrich likes this.

Default Re: My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm going to sell the OnePlus. The signal quality is not good enough. With my Moto G/X, I get LTE everywhere in town and rarely lose data while indoors, even then I still have voice.
    I have heard that Motorola makes the best radios in the business, so it doesn't surprise me that you get excellent reception from your Motorola phones.

In light of your experience, would you suggest that people stay away from the OnePlus One?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I have heard that Motorola makes the best radios in the business, so it doesn't surprise me that you get excellent reception from your Motorola phones.

In light of your experience, would you suggest that people stay away from the OnePlus One?
    The coverage varies for each person, I'm just comparing the difference between two phones within the same coverage zone. I'm on T-Mobile, it could be better for AT&T users. I'm just not happy with the signal, but I would still say go ahead and buy it if you have an invite.

It's a really good phone for gaming, media consumption and it have the best phone camera sensor out today (Sony Exmor IMX214), which the G3 also have, except the Oneplus have even faster aperture, it just lack hardware image stabilization and the large amount of money put into post processing technology compared to the bigger brands. It's the cheapest device with 64gb internal storage. The build quality is actually pretty good. Probably one of the fastest phone available.

I believe there is no stable official firmware for this phone right now, there are little bugs CyanogenMod needs to sort out, but for savvy users like me I can flash nightlies or fix the issues myself, so it's not a problem. I think they will bring out an update soon, so I have no worries about the software.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    The coverage varies for each person, I'm just comparing the difference between two phones within the same coverage zone. I'm on T-Mobile, it could be better for AT&T users. I'm just not happy with the signal, but I would still say go ahead and buy it if you have an invite.
    Your OnePlus One probably would work better on AT&T, but I think that is a reflection of the network, not the device itself. As you already stated in a previous post, you get better signal quality from your Moto G and Moto X. I presume that you are running those phones on T-Mobile.

Have you discussed the issue with OnePlus? Maybe they have a suggestion to fix the problem?

Otherwise, if you do end up selling your OnePlus One, what phone will you buy to replace it?

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    That doesn't seem that bad to me. I have the G3 and right now I'm at 1Hr 23min S.O.T. with 48% battery. I've been off the charger for 16Hrs 19mins.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it bad either. Just a couple of my G+ buddies got their OPOs at the same time I did and were reporting 7-8 hrs SOT/Charge....

Battery life is a hard thing to gauge cause everyone uses their devices differently but I haven't seen close to that screen time yet.

I play with my food
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

That is awesome glad to hear usps didn't fail you.. Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that you got a good phone.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    dizzle16 likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Well this is my first day using the phone at work and its already putting my note 3 to shame.
    rob damiani likes this.

I'm not a fan of touch whiz. I use Nova Launcher on my phone right now.

Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Your OnePlus One probably would work better on AT&T, but I think that is a reflection of the network, not the device itself. As you already stated in a previous post, you get better signal quality from your Moto G and Moto X. I presume that you are running those phones on T-Mobile.

Have you discussed the issue with OnePlus? Maybe they have a suggestion to fix the problem?

Otherwise, if you do end up selling your OnePlus One, what phone will you buy to replace it?
    I don't see how just switching to ATT, which I never will btw (I'm not going into details because I've had experience with them and my language will result in my thread being deleted and getting a warning the mods), would automatically make the device have better reception than what it already is capable of. Maybe ATT have better coverage, but it is not the function of this phone to be made specifically for ATT network. It support AWS band already, CM or OPO could release an improved radio which can improve the signal by a little, it is the case with Nexus devices, but I doubt it will beat to the Motorola in this department. It doesn't mean I'm ruling out the fact that other OnePlus doesn't have better reception. I doubt talking to OnePlus reps will help, they probably are aware of it and working on an improved radio (the radio come packaged with CM11 nightly roms) or they wouldn't care anyway since they don't even care about the yellow screen issues and deny it as an issue to refuse RMAs. If the moderator of the OnePlus official forum agrees with me that the signal isn't best, then it's good enough if an indication.

I want to make it clear that this is still a good device, but I'll be getting the Moto X+1 to replace it.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 08-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Hey Tom..I too came from the S4 (Google Play Edition), and now am the very happy owner of the OPO. I cannot be happier with my decision to dump the S4 and move to the OPO. Battery life is INCREDIBLE. 3GB of RAM makes this phone fly. The only downside, (if you want to call it one), is that it is a very big phone. Difficult for me even with large hands at 6'2" to navigate with one hand. I'm on AT&T. Good luck!
    I'll let you know how it works. Send like you are loving yours!

rob damiani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    Looks like my shipping saga has come to an end. Just got a notification that my package got scanned at a facility in Cleveland. I should have it when I get off work tomorrow night. (Family guy voice) "YAY"

Sorry it took so long, but trust me, it will be worth the wait.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

ROM

Oh it is. I went to walk my dog about 1030 am, saw the mall truck, asked the mailman who already put a card in my box. I asked him was he gonna knock on the door and he said his boss tells him if the person's not waiting just leave the card. B. S. But I got it. No yellow tint at the bottom. Only had about 15 minutes to play with it before showering and heading to work. But so far it is a beauty. Gotta get to t-mobile now so I'm gonna be using my current phone until I get off tonight and can get to t-mobile tomorrow before work. 12:30-9:00 shift don't leave much time

Last edited by dizzle16; 08-04-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    qnet and mhettrich like this.

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Oh it is. I went to walk my dog about 1030 am, saw the mall truck, asked the mailman who already put a card in my box. I asked him was he gonna knock on the door and he said his boss tells him if the person's not waiting just leave the card. B. S. But I got it. No yellow tint at the bottom. Only had about 15 minutes to play with it before showering and heading to work. But so far it is a beauty. Gotta get to t-mobile now so I'm gonna be using my current phone until I get off tonight and can get to t-mobile tomorrow before work. 12:30-9:00 shift don't leave much time

I'm waiting for mine now. My mailman has done that, and luckiLy I've caught him in the past. It's messed up that you have to stand by your door and make sure they actually attempt to get out of the truck and knock, but that's the way is is sometime.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/8e6yja9e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/ezaza2e5.jpg

^5

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my One+ ONE

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I just got my phone also, I'm still setting it up but I will say, my G3 is going back.

Why is the g3 going back?

i just got my phone also, i'm still setting it up but i will say, my g3 is going back.

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Why is the g3 going back?
    I like the OPO better, it's just what I wanted. The G3 is a nice phone but I like stock non-carrier android phones the most.
    Thanked by:
    mhettrich and rob damiani like this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/8e6yja9e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/ezaza2e5.jpg

Nice glad you finally got it and I hope the wait was worth it. I just got my tmobile sim today and it was painless came activated already all I had to do was pop it in my phone and I was off to the races. Looks like one plus is getting better with their quality control so that's a good thing.

ROM

Thanks. Headed to T-mobile tomorrow. Hope my activation is as painless as yours

Posted via my OnePlus One

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

I'm waiting for mine now. My mailman has done that, and luckiLy I've caught him in the past. It's messed up that you have to stand by your door and make sure they actually attempt to get out of the truck and knock, but that's the way is is sometime.
    This same thing happen to a shipment I got a few days before my phone arrived. Supervisor at the local office even brought the guy over and they disputed me saying that he didn't knock. Its just laziness.

Fortunately, I had a different person when the phone was delivered.

ROM

I'm so glad it's done. Nothing worse than taking time out of my day to go to the post office to pick up something you were supposed to bring me. Now gotta get it activated. I'm taking a half day at work today to go to t-mobile.

I'm so glad it's done. Nothing worse than taking time out of my day to go to the post office to pick up something you were supposed to bring me. Now gotta get it activated. I'm taking a half day at work today to go to t-mobile.

I live in some suburban sprawl between Myrtle Beach and Conway, SC and T-Mobile does a good job.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My OnePlus One review (warning: long)-1407268490097.jpg  
    Sent from my One+ ONE
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast