My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

Heck yes I would be angry also with the guessing. But let's hope you get it tomorrow my best guess is that your phone already shipped usps just hasn't scanned it into their system yet.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got my One yesterday!

It will do basically everything my galaxy does correct? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Well, not EVERYTHING because unless you have a GPe edition of the S4 all your touchwiz features obviously won't be present on the OPO....so in that sense it could feel like "less phone." But since you say you're after a more stock OS experience that'll be a good thing, right? :) Plus, you get all the extra functionality / adjustment features of Cyanogen mod...which I for one love. I would never trade a clean, flexible os like CM 11s for all the bells and whistles in touchwiz. But that's just me!

1+1/N5

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree that USPS tracking can be spotty. Some days it's extremely accurate and up to date and others times no information will be updated even after my package is delivered. In this case it seems to be going smoothly. I ordered at 3pm EST on July 31st. Got shipping confirmation the next day, Friday Aug 1st) and as of today (Sun Aug 3, 3:30pm) the USPS site is showing it arrived in NY and will be delivered tomorrow, Mon, Aug 4th) via 2-day Priority.

Hope others get theirs quickly and drama free!

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I agree that USPS tracking can be spotty. Some days it's extremely accurate and up to date and others times no information will be updated even after my package is delivered. In this case it seems to be going smoothly. I ordered at 3pm EST on July 31st. Got shipping confirmation the next day, Friday Aug 1st) and as of today (Sun Aug 3, 3:30pm) the USPS site is showing it arrived in NY and will be delivered tomorrow, Mon, Aug 4th) via 2-day Priority.

Hope others get theirs quickly and drama free!

See your tracking number is being updated. That's what i want. At 9:30 pm tonight, it will make 3 days my tracking page has said just said "electronic shipping info received " with no update

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Hey Tom..I too came from the S4 (Google Play Edition), and now am the very happy owner of the OPO. I cannot be happier with my decision to dump the S4 and move to the OPO. Battery life is INCREDIBLE. 3GB of RAM makes this phone fly. The only downside, (if you want to call it one), is that it is a very big phone. Difficult for me even with large hands at 6'2" to navigate with one hand. I'm on AT&T. Good luck!
I just ordered my OPO yesterday. I currently have the Galaxy S4, and the Galaxy is the first Android I've ever owned. I'm excited but nervous about the OPO. I REALLY love my galaxy but I want a more pure Android experience. It will do basically everything my galaxy does correct? Thanks!

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Definitely very happy with my OPO purchase.
I would say yes it will. Though I too used to be excited. Now I'm just nervous. Their freaking shipping blows. Seems like the majority are happy with their purchase though

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I just got mine a couple of days ago too. So far so good. Although the size is taking a little getting use to and I'm not seeing the incredible battery life others are reporting....

I play with my food

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

What kind of battery life are you experiencing? Maybe you have a defective phone/battery? I can easily go from 7am - 11pm and still have at least 40% left.

I just got mine a couple of days ago too. So far so good. Although the size is taking a little getting use to and I'm not seeing the incredible battery life others are reporting....

I play with my food

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm going to sell the OnePlus. The signal quality is not good enough. With my Moto G/X, I get LTE everywhere in town and rarely lose data while indoors, even then I still have voice. With the OnePlus, while indoor, I get 1 bar of LTE mostly. This isn't anything about manipulation of more bars for the Motorola phones either, it simply have better signal: keeps data going. I drive about 50miles a day and stream YouTube during it and I never lose signal with my Moto X, it's literally on LTE the entire day. With the OnePlus, the LTE signal is poor so I had to switch back to 3G to get adequate coverage, then video streaming still get paused. Sometimes my signal becomes Edge, I never see Edge with the Moto G/X. It's probably not bad comparing to other brands, but I'm a bit spoiled by Moto phones.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

What kind of battery life are you experiencing? Maybe you have a defective phone/battery? I can easily go from 7am - 11pm and still have at least 40% left.

I go by Screen On Time. Right now I'm at 54% with 2hrs24mins S.O.T. and I've been off the charger for 11hrs36mins.

I play with my food

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I go by Screen On Time. Right now I'm at 54% with 2hrs24mins S.O.T. and I've been off the charger for 11hrs36mins.

I play with my food

That doesn't seem that bad to me. I have the G3 and right now I'm at 1Hr 23min S.O.T. with 48% battery. I've been off the charger for 16Hrs 19mins.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is incredible. 11.5 hours off charger today with 2.4 hours screen on and 61% left. LOVE it!

Sent from my OnePlus One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Looks like my shipping saga has come to an end. Just got a notification that my package got scanned at a facility in Cleveland. I should have it when I get off work tomorrow night. (Family guy voice) "YAY"

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm going to sell the OnePlus. The signal quality is not good enough. With my Moto G/X, I get LTE everywhere in town and rarely lose data while indoors, even then I still have voice.

I have heard that Motorola makes the best radios in the business, so it doesn't surprise me that you get excellent reception from your Motorola phones.

In light of your experience, would you suggest that people stay away from the OnePlus One?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that Motorola makes the best radios in the business, so it doesn't surprise me that you get excellent reception from your Motorola phones.

In light of your experience, would you suggest that people stay away from the OnePlus One?
The coverage varies for each person, I'm just comparing the difference between two phones within the same coverage zone. I'm on T-Mobile, it could be better for AT&T users. I'm just not happy with the signal, but I would still say go ahead and buy it if you have an invite.

It's a really good phone for gaming, media consumption and it have the best phone camera sensor out today (Sony Exmor IMX214), which the G3 also have, except the Oneplus have even faster aperture, it just lack hardware image stabilization and the large amount of money put into post processing technology compared to the bigger brands. It's the cheapest device with 64gb internal storage. The build quality is actually pretty good. Probably one of the fastest phone available.

I believe there is no stable official firmware for this phone right now, there are little bugs CyanogenMod needs to sort out, but for savvy users like me I can flash nightlies or fix the issues myself, so it's not a problem. I think they will bring out an update soon, so I have no worries about the software.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The coverage varies for each person, I'm just comparing the difference between two phones within the same coverage zone. I'm on T-Mobile, it could be better for AT&T users. I'm just not happy with the signal, but I would still say go ahead and buy it if you have an invite.

Your OnePlus One probably would work better on AT&T, but I think that is a reflection of the network, not the device itself. As you already stated in a previous post, you get better signal quality from your Moto G and Moto X. I presume that you are running those phones on T-Mobile.

Have you discussed the issue with OnePlus? Maybe they have a suggestion to fix the problem?

Otherwise, if you do end up selling your OnePlus One, what phone will you buy to replace it?

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't seem that bad to me. I have the G3 and right now I'm at 1Hr 23min S.O.T. with 48% battery. I've been off the charger for 16Hrs 19mins.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it bad either. Just a couple of my G+ buddies got their OPOs at the same time I did and were reporting 7-8 hrs SOT/Charge....

Battery life is a hard thing to gauge cause everyone uses their devices differently but I haven't seen close to that screen time yet.

I play with my food

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

That is awesome glad to hear usps didn't fail you.. Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that you got a good phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Well this is my first day using the phone at work and its already putting my note 3 to shame.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm not a fan of touch whiz. I use Nova Launcher on my phone right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek