My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Your OnePlus One probably would work better on AT&T, but I think that is a reflection of the network, not the device itself. As you already stated in a previous post, you get better signal quality from your Moto G and Moto X. I presume that you are running those phones on T-Mobile.

Have you discussed the issue with OnePlus? Maybe they have a suggestion to fix the problem?

Otherwise, if you do end up selling your OnePlus One, what phone will you buy to replace it?
I don't see how just switching to ATT, which I never will btw (I'm not going into details because I've had experience with them and my language will result in my thread being deleted and getting a warning the mods), would automatically make the device have better reception than what it already is capable of. Maybe ATT have better coverage, but it is not the function of this phone to be made specifically for ATT network. It support AWS band already, CM or OPO could release an improved radio which can improve the signal by a little, it is the case with Nexus devices, but I doubt it will beat to the Motorola in this department. It doesn't mean I'm ruling out the fact that other OnePlus doesn't have better reception. I doubt talking to OnePlus reps will help, they probably are aware of it and working on an improved radio (the radio come packaged with CM11 nightly roms) or they wouldn't care anyway since they don't even care about the yellow screen issues and deny it as an issue to refuse RMAs. If the moderator of the OnePlus official forum agrees with me that the signal isn't best, then it's good enough if an indication.

I want to make it clear that this is still a good device, but I'll be getting the Moto X+1 to replace it.

Last edited:

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Got my One yesterday!

Hey Tom..I too came from the S4 (Google Play Edition), and now am the very happy owner of the OPO. I cannot be happier with my decision to dump the S4 and move to the OPO. Battery life is INCREDIBLE. 3GB of RAM makes this phone fly. The only downside, (if you want to call it one), is that it is a very big phone. Difficult for me even with large hands at 6'2" to navigate with one hand. I'm on AT&T. Good luck!

I'll let you know how it works. Send like you are loving yours!

Posted via Android Central App

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

Looks like my shipping saga has come to an end. Just got a notification that my package got scanned at a facility in Cleveland. I should have it when I get off work tomorrow night. (Family guy voice) "YAY"

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

Sorry it took so long, but trust me, it will be worth the wait.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh it is. I went to walk my dog about 1030 am, saw the mall truck, asked the mailman who already put a card in my box. I asked him was he gonna knock on the door and he said his boss tells him if the person's not waiting just leave the card. B. S. But I got it. No yellow tint at the bottom. Only had about 15 minutes to play with it before showering and heading to work. But so far it is a beauty. Gotta get to t-mobile now so I'm gonna be using my current phone until I get off tonight and can get to t-mobile tomorrow before work. 12:30-9:00 shift don't leave much time

8e6yja9e.jpg

ezaza2e5.jpg

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh it is. I went to walk my dog about 1030 am, saw the mall truck, asked the mailman who already put a card in my box. I asked him was he gonna knock on the door and he said his boss tells him if the person's not waiting just leave the card. B. S. But I got it. No yellow tint at the bottom. Only had about 15 minutes to play with it before showering and heading to work. But so far it is a beauty. Gotta get to t-mobile now so I'm gonna be using my current phone until I get off tonight and can get to t-mobile tomorrow before work. 12:30-9:00 shift don't leave much time

I'm waiting for mine now. My mailman has done that, and luckiLy I've caught him in the past. It's messed up that you have to stand by your door and make sure they actually attempt to get out of the truck and knock, but that's the way is is sometime.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/8e6yja9e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/ezaza2e5.jpg

^5

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got my One yesterday!

I just got my phone also, I'm still setting it up but I will say, my G3 is going back.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/8e6yja9e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/05/ezaza2e5.jpg

Nice glad you finally got it and I hope the wait was worth it. I just got my tmobile sim today and it was painless came activated already all I had to do was pop it in my phone and I was off to the races. Looks like one plus is getting better with their quality control so that's a good thing.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. Headed to T-mobile tomorrow. Hope my activation is as painless as yours

Posted via my OnePlus One

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I'm waiting for mine now. My mailman has done that, and luckiLy I've caught him in the past. It's messed up that you have to stand by your door and make sure they actually attempt to get out of the truck and knock, but that's the way is is sometime.

This same thing happen to a shipment I got a few days before my phone arrived. Supervisor at the local office even brought the guy over and they disputed me saying that he didn't knock. Its just laziness.

Fortunately, I had a different person when the phone was delivered.

Posted via Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm so glad it's done. Nothing worse than taking time out of my day to go to the post office to pick up something you were supposed to bring me. Now gotta get it activated. I'm taking a half day at work today to go to t-mobile.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm so glad it's done. Nothing worse than taking time out of my day to go to the post office to pick up something you were supposed to bring me. Now gotta get it activated. I'm taking a half day at work today to go to t-mobile.

I live in some suburban sprawl between Myrtle Beach and Conway, SC and T-Mobile does a good job.

Attachments

• 1407268490097.jpg
    1407268490097.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 22

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I live in some suburban sprawl between Myrtle Beach and Conway, SC and T-Mobile does a good job.

Let's hope I get similar service. Currently typing this from my LG volt on the sprint spark network and those are the type of speeds I get. Sprints network has improved. But I got my OnePlus in my pocket. On the way to t-mobile as I type this. Got some questions in gonna post when I'm done. Didn't think of it last night when I was on wifi at my house

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Just left T-mobile. Very quick and simple process. The salesman was like in awe of my phone lol

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Having made my first phone call I'm a little concerned about call volume on this thing. Why so low? Anyone else experiencing this

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Having made my first phone call I'm a little concerned about call volume on this thing. Why so low? Anyone else experiencing this

Did you get prompted for an update out of the box? There was a fix for low call volume in a Cyanogen update. Beyond that, my volume could STILL be a bit higher for my liking, but it's definitely tolerable now...at least in my case.

1+1/N5

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you get prompted for an update out of the box? There was a fix for low call volume in a Cyanogen update. Beyond that, my volume could STILL be a bit higher for my liking, but it's definitely tolerable now...at least in my case.

1+1/N5

I got the prompt for the update as soon as I connected to wifi yesterday when it arrived. Like you said, can still be a little higher though. I called my wife today after I left T-mobile and could barely hear her. But I can live with it. There's a fix out there, gotta be rooted though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac