LG G3 (32gb) vs One Plus One (64gb)

What Would you rather have

• Total voters

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Preordered the att version and got it July 10. The G3 was a great form factor but I was expecting more from the screen. It was sharp but very dull IMO. I keep my nexus at 40 to 50% brightness and had to jack it to 60 to 70. The sharpening of text looked odd too. The performance was great as was the camera and the UI was pretty good.

Ultimately, I hated all the bloat from ATT and lg and the fact that the ATT version took out qi charging for PMA charging. I paid full price of 628 and felt it was too many compromises for paying that much. Seems like I am moving away from carrier phones if I can.

Got a Sony Z2 after that and sold that and then got an invite for the OPO. It is scheduled To be delivered tomorrow so looking forward to it.

Posted via Nexus 5

That's actually my main issue. I'm using an att version as well and coming from a nexus 5 I knew what I was getting in to but some of the carrier crap is driving me crazy. I do like LGs new UI though. Thought I wouldn't but I like the look. I guess we will see what the one plus provides.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Same game here. Have the G3 and think it's great. Waiting on an invite for the OPO and getting that. The ATT bloat is a lot. Coming from an N4 and needed something with substantial storage. The G3 has it with SD card expansion, but 64 gig is great for me. Plus can sell the G3 for about $575 throw in the powermat charger and enabled quick circle case.

Posted via Android Central App

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Same game here. Have the G3 and think it's great. Waiting on an invite for the OPO and getting that. The ATT bloat is a lot. Coming from an N4 and needed something with substantial storage. The G3 has it with SD card expansion, but 64 gig is great for me. Plus can sell the G3 for about $575 throw in the powermat charger and enabled quick circle case.

Posted via Android Central App

Not to be a jerk but can you really get $575 for a G3, even with accessories (they have never added much value to my sales)? Full retail is $579.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my OPO today! Took it out and charged it for while. It was about 45% and the build date is 8/7/14. Set it up and did two updates first and then started setting up.

It is larger in the hand that the G3 but not really by much. Both are large phones. I like the screen brightness more than the G3 immediately. The OPO screen is brighter. Speaker are louder and clearer. The amount of ring tones and notifications sounds is impressive! It is so loud it startled me for a second when testing ring tones. After downloading my apps etc (kept music on Google Play Music for Now) still had 53GB and change! No bloat to be seen except for a few google apps I disabled.

This phone is fast! Faster than the G3 and not a hiccup switching from app drawer etc. I thought I would immediately go for the onscreen buttons but I am using the capacitive ones for now, I like them. I bought and loaded the flux white theme after reading about it and it is pretty sweet! I have not played with the camera at all yet so I cannot comment on that.

If you can get the G3 on contract then you have some comparing to do. If you are buying off contract, no question that the OPO is a fantastic device and I am glad I got it!

PS. The OPO has knock on and knock off! lol! Also use the OEM charger, it is much faster. Was using a Note 3 charger I bought on AC a few weeks back on sale but it is no where near the OEM charger and cable in charging speed!

Last edited:

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Got my OPO today! Took it out and charged it for while. It was about 45% and the build date is 8/7/14. Set it up and did two updates first and then started setting up.

It is larger in the hand that the G3 but not really by much. Both are large phones. I like the screen brightness more than the G3 immediately. The OPO screen is brighter. Speaker are louder and clearer. The amount of ring tones and notifications sounds is impressive! It is so loud it startled me for a second when testing ring tones. After downloading my apps etc (kept music on Google Play Music for Now) still had 53GB and change! No bloat to be seen except for a few google apps I disabled.

This phone is fast! Faster than the G3 and not a hiccup switching from app drawer etc. I thought I would immediately go for the onscreen buttons but I am using the capacitive ones for now, I like them. I bought and loaded the flux white theme after reading about it and it is pretty sweet! I have not played with the camera at all yet so I cannot comment on that.

If you can get the G3 on contract then you have some comparing to do. If you are buying off contract, no question that the OPO is a fantastic device and I am glad I got it!

PS. The OPO has knock on and knock off! lol! Also use the OEM charger, it is much faster. Was using a Note 3 charger I bought on AC a few weeks back on sale but it is no where near the OEM charger and cable in charging speed!

Does it have knock on AND knock off, or just knock on? Please let us have an update when you've had a few days with it. I don't want my invitation to expire so thinking of just ordering the damned thing and selling it if I don't like it.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes it has knock on and off. Same as the lg code. Double two anywhere on the screen to wake. Double tap the status bar or anywhere when on the lock screen to sleep

Posted via my OnePlus One

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes it has knock on and off. Same as the lg code. Double two anywhere on the screen to wake. Double tap the status bar or anywhere when on the lock screen to sleep

Posted via my OnePlus One

That's awesome thanks! A friend told me it only knocked on. I use that a lot so good to know.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does it have knock on AND knock off, or just knock on? Please let us have an update when you've had a few days with it. I don't want my invitation to expire so thinking of just ordering the damned thing and selling it if I don't like it.

It has both. Double tab anywhere to turn on the screen and another setting to double tab on status bar to turn screen off. Once you get the hang of it it is pretty handy.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888