Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What Would you rather have

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32GB att LG G3

5 26.32%
  • 64GB unlocked One Plus One

14 73.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 (32gb) vs One Plus One (64gb)

so as the title states what would you guys rather have (att contract LG G3) or the 64GB One Plus One

Which ever you like better. That is my serious answer being they are both great phones. Pick which meets your needs more. Want to root and have no bloat? OPO. Want to spend more but have higher resolution screen? LG. Want to take no risks with possible poor customer service? Skip OPO. I can keep going but choose which meets your specific needs.
    Basically, I think you will be happy with either.

sent from my OnePlus

Default Re: LG G3 (32gb) vs One Plus One (64gb)

Depend on if I can unlock the bootloader of the LG G3 and install stock Android on it. The LG UI is atrocious to me.
    rob damiani likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Just took delivery of my 64G One+. Finally got my invite this Tuesday, ordered and got it today. Apparently their DC is in Southern Cal. (rosemead).
    Unprofessional 1st impression here: Appleish packaging, nice slim environmental friendly. Nice tangle free cable, the sim tray needle with the silicon keyring was a nice niche.
    Compare to the G3, which i got from Tmobile last week: One+ is slimmer, but a bit longer. I sorta like the sandblast back on the One+, with the screen protector, i can do the device naked, definitely a looker.
    Haven't gone in and mess with the software yet.
    G3, on the other hand, with a Spigen or one of those Korean slim case, feels good on the hand. Daily grind so far is up to expectations, coming from a Note3.
    Need some happy times this weekend to established their worthiness though.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    rob damiani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xo96 View Post
    Just took delivery of my 64G One+. Finally got my invite this Tuesday, ordered and got it today. Apparently their DC is in Southern Cal. (rosemead).
    Unprofessional 1st impression here: Appleish packaging, nice slim environmental friendly. Nice tangle free cable, the sim tray needle with the silicon keyring was a nice niche.
    Compare to the G3, which i got from Tmobile last week: One+ is slimmer, but a bit longer. I sorta like the sandblast back on the One+, with the screen protector, i can do the device naked, definitely a looker.
    G3, on the other hand, with a Spigen or one of those Korean slim case, feels good on the hand. Daily grind so far is up to expectations, coming from a Note3.

Nice. Mine arrives tomorrow. G3 and the 1+ is a power combo to be sure though.

Nexus 5
    1+1/Nexus 5

Please post a review after you've had a chance to experience it fully, thanks.

Send me an invite if you have

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

You can read the one plus user reviews here better

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...1#post-2907414

I would love an invite as well if you have one.
    Moto G master race.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I have two invites to share pm me if you want one first two get them.
    Thanked by 2:
    rob damiani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    I have two invites to share pm me if you want one first two get them.
    Can you mail me the invite on hhshah1979@gmail.com

phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Sending my last invite to you now hope you enjoy the phone.
    rob damiani likes this.

Why can't I ever get am invite !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Personally I would rather have the one + one while I like the physical size of the g3 more I don't want a phone tied to a carrier anymore or deal with their bloat along with bootloader locking etc.
    Thanked by:
    rob damiani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Sending my last invite to you now hope you enjoy the phone.
    Haven't got the the invite mate... Where is it?

phone addict

Global Posts
    3,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Quote Originally Posted by hhshah1979 View Post
    Haven't got the the invite mate... Where is it?

I sent an email with it. Yesterday. And I just sent you a pm with the link to claim the invite.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Definitely let us know what your thoughts are. I too have a G3 as my daily driver right now, but received an invite for a One yesterday and ordered it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a good phone, I'm looking forward to the customization.
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy S6, Moto X 2014, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Definitely the g3

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Definitely let us know what your thoughts are. I too have a G3 as my daily driver right now, but received an invite for a One yesterday and ordered it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a good phone, I'm looking forward to the customization.
    Any update on this? I have been using the g3 for two weeks now and ordered my one plus last week so waiting for it now. Really wondering which way I'm going to end up going. What did you decide on?

Preordered the att version and got it July 10. The G3 was a great form factor but I was expecting more from the screen. It was sharp but very dull IMO. I keep my nexus at 40 to 50% brightness and had to jack it to 60 to 70. The sharpening of text looked odd too. The performance was great as was the camera and the UI was pretty good.

Ultimately, I hated all the bloat from ATT and lg and the fact that the ATT version took out qi charging for PMA charging. I paid full price of 628 and felt it was too many compromises for paying that much. Seems like I am moving away from carrier phones if I can.

Got a Sony Z2 after that and sold that and then got an invite for the OPO. It is scheduled To be delivered tomorrow so looking forward to it.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Thanked by:
    codeda 
    rob damiani likes this.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Preordered the att version and got it July 10. The G3 was a great form factor but I was expecting more from the screen. It was sharp but very dull IMO. I keep my nexus at 40 to 50% brightness and had to jack it to 60 to 70. The sharpening of text looked odd too. The performance was great as was the camera and the UI was pretty good.

Ultimately, I hated all the bloat from ATT and lg and the fact that the ATT version took out qi charging for PMA charging. I paid full price of 628 and felt it was too many compromises for paying that much. Seems like I am moving away from carrier phones if I can.

Got a Sony Z2 after that and sold that and then got an invite for the OPO. It is scheduled To be delivered tomorrow so looking forward to it.

Posted via Nexus 5
    That's actually my main issue. I'm using an att version as well and coming from a nexus 5 I knew what I was getting in to but some of the carrier crap is driving me crazy. I do like LGs new UI though. Thought I wouldn't but I like the look. I guess we will see what the one plus provides.

Same game here. Have the G3 and think it's great. Waiting on an invite for the OPO and getting that. The ATT bloat is a lot. Coming from an N4 and needed something with substantial storage. The G3 has it with SD card expansion, but 64 gig is great for me. Plus can sell the G3 for about $575 throw in the powermat charger and enabled quick circle case.

rob damiani likes this.

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    Same game here. Have the G3 and think it's great. Waiting on an invite for the OPO and getting that. The ATT bloat is a lot. Coming from an N4 and needed something with substantial storage. The G3 has it with SD card expansion, but 64 gig is great for me. Plus can sell the G3 for about $575 throw in the powermat charger and enabled quick circle case.

Not to be a jerk but can you really get $575 for a G3, even with accessories (they have never added much value to my sales)? Full retail is $579.

Posted via the Android Central App

Got my OPO today! Took it out and charged it for while. It was about 45% and the build date is 8/7/14. Set it up and did two updates first and then started setting up.

It is larger in the hand that the G3 but not really by much. Both are large phones. I like the screen brightness more than the G3 immediately. The OPO screen is brighter. Speaker are louder and clearer. The amount of ring tones and notifications sounds is impressive! It is so loud it startled me for a second when testing ring tones. After downloading my apps etc (kept music on Google Play Music for Now) still had 53GB and change! No bloat to be seen except for a few google apps I disabled.

This phone is fast! Faster than the G3 and not a hiccup switching from app drawer etc. I thought I would immediately go for the onscreen buttons but I am using the capacitive ones for now, I like them. I bought and loaded the flux white theme after reading about it and it is pretty sweet! I have not played with the camera at all yet so I cannot comment on that.

If you can get the G3 on contract then you have some comparing to do. If you are buying off contract, no question that the OPO is a fantastic device and I am glad I got it!

PS. The OPO has knock on and knock off! lol! Also use the OEM charger, it is much faster. Was using a Note 3 charger I bought on AC a few weeks back on sale but it is no where near the OEM charger and cable in charging speed!
    Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Thanked by:
    codeda 
    dizzle16 likes this.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Got my OPO today! Took it out and charged it for while. It was about 45% and the build date is 8/7/14. Set it up and did two updates first and then started setting up.

It is larger in the hand that the G3 but not really by much. Both are large phones. I like the screen brightness more than the G3 immediately. The OPO screen is brighter. Speaker are louder and clearer. The amount of ring tones and notifications sounds is impressive! It is so loud it startled me for a second when testing ring tones. After downloading my apps etc (kept music on Google Play Music for Now) still had 53GB and change! No bloat to be seen except for a few google apps I disabled.

This phone is fast! Faster than the G3 and not a hiccup switching from app drawer etc. I thought I would immediately go for the onscreen buttons but I am using the capacitive ones for now, I like them. I bought and loaded the flux white theme after reading about it and it is pretty sweet! I have not played with the camera at all yet so I cannot comment on that.

If you can get the G3 on contract then you have some comparing to do. If you are buying off contract, no question that the OPO is a fantastic device and I am glad I got it!

PS. The OPO has knock on and knock off! lol! Also use the OEM charger, it is much faster. Was using a Note 3 charger I bought on AC a few weeks back on sale but it is no where near the OEM charger and cable in charging speed!
    Does it have knock on AND knock off, or just knock on? Please let us have an update when you've had a few days with it. I don't want my invitation to expire so thinking of just ordering the damned thing and selling it if I don't like it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast