Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jdk2
  • 1 Post By rkleung
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 to OnePlus One on ATT - Just switch Micro Sim?

Been reading through the rather complicated process that is necessary to get LTE on ATT because the OnePlus One is not an ATT supported device. Seem doable but a pain.

Considering the switch if I can get my hands on an invite. But would prefer to be able to just pop out the Nexus 5 ATT Sim and pop it in to the OPO. Seems like both use a MicroSim. The Nexus 5 seems to work fine. So I assume the OPO should also work fine. Does anyone know if that is correct?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,100 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 5 to OnePlus One on ATT - Just switch Micro Sim?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rokkos View Post
    Been reading through the rather complicated process that is necessary to get LTE on ATT because the OnePlus One is not an ATT supported device. Seem doable but a pain.

Considering the switch if I can get my hands on an invite. But would prefer to be able to just pop out the Nexus 5 ATT Sim and pop it in to the OPO. Seems like both use a MicroSim. The Nexus 5 seems to work fine. So I assume the OPO should also work fine. Does anyone know if that is correct?
    As long as it's loaded with the right APNs (and it is, right?) then you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rokkos View Post

I'm on Cricket...AT&Ts prepaid carrier. I had no problems fwiw. Just took the SIM out of my N5, and (as Phil mentioned), plugged in the right APN values and I I was off to the races.

1+1/N5
    1+1/Nexus 5

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

I previously had the att note 3 and all I did was pop in my Sim card in my One and Lte started working automatically... Didn't have to set anything up... Haven't had any issues since I got it Saturday...

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

Data worked instantly. The only thing you need to do is go into hangout settings and switch the APN in there to match that of the APN the phones running on. That made MMS work for me.

Posted via Android Central App using my OnePlus One

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

To all that have swapped their Sim cards to the OnePlus One : have you noticed if the download speeds are the same as your previous phone ? Better ? Worst? The same?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post
    To all that have swapped their Sim cards to the OnePlus One : have you noticed if the download speeds are the same as your previous phone ? Better ? Worst? The same?

I'm on AT&T and haven't seen any difference in speeds whatsoever. It just works as before.
    rob damiani likes this.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Yep, you should be good. I switched from the M7 right to the OPO. Worked right away. I did hear about some people having issues with AT&T from AT&T's end when switching from an iPhone.
    rob damiani likes this.

AT&T in USA coming from Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE; simple micro SIM card swap to new OPO. 4G/LTE speeds immediately. I did call ATT and provided them with my new IMEI. Seamless switch. Could not be happier with the new OPO.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I just came from nexus 5. Make sure you are on the att phone APN. That's about it. The One doesn't show LTE sign just 4G which is LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    As long as it's loaded with the right APNs (and it is, right?) then you should be good.
    If you ever look at the APN file in CyanogenMod rom, they have basically all the APN there is. There won't be any need to manually enter anything, just have to select the right one.

ATT user here in CT-USA. I came from Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE to the OPO. It was a simple SIM Card. Switch, nothing more. I did call AT&T and provided them with my new IMEI #. 4G/LTE worked right out of the box though.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I just swapped my Sim card from my LG G3, no APN modifications, and no IMEI registration. Speed is the same as my G3.

Sidenote: why are people registration their I Mel's anyway?

Anyone have a 1+1 invite I could have?

OK, I'm getting my OPO sometime tomorrow... How would I go about checking and switching the APN settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Superevangelist12 View Post
    OK, I'm getting my OPO sometime tomorrow... How would I go about checking and switching the APN settings?

If you are on AT&T that isn't required. All you have to do is pop the sim in and go.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    rob damiani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEhead View Post
    I just came from nexus 5. Make sure you are on the att phone APN. That's about it. The One doesn't show LTE sign just 4G which is LTE.

I can confirm this as well. If you are on HSPA or HSPA+, it'll show H or H+ instead of 4G on the cellular signal indicator. For even more warm fuzzies, go to Settings >> About Phone >> Status >> scroll down to Mobile Network Type and you'll see for sure whether you are on HSPA/HSPA+ or LTE.
    Nexus 5 to OnePlus One on ATT - Just switch Micro Sim?-screenshot_2014-08-01-08-20-32-1-.jpg